Bentley Systems (Nasdaq: BSY) is the infrastructure engineering software company. We provide innovative software to advance the world’s infrastructure – sustaining both the global economy and environment. Our industry-leading software solutions are used by professionals, and organizations of every size, for the design, construction, and operations of roads and bridges, rail and transit, water and wastewater, public works and utilities, buildings and campuses, and industrial facilities. Our offerings include MicroStation-based applications for modeling and simulation, ProjectWise for project delivery, AssetWise for asset and network performance, and the iTwin platform for infrastructure digital twins. Bentley Systems employs more than 4,000 colleagues and generates annual revenues of more than $700 million, in 172 countries. www.bentley.com
Bentley is offering an opportunity for a Finance/Accounting student to learn new knowledge and skills within an international Finance Department. The internship will last for a period of approximately 6 months, starting as soon as possible.
The Hoofddorp Finance team is responsible for the financial accounting of EMEA, Russia and Brazil. We are responsible for different areas:
- Accounts Payable
- VAT Declaration and payments
- Month end closing – Accrual preparation and prepaid releases
- Purchase Orders and Purchase requests
- Bank Posting
- Partner Compensation
Please note: this opportunity is available to registered students only.
The intern will primarily assist Accounts Payable and their responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining accounts payable for several international entities.
- Learning to post vendor invoices through SAP, via Miro-system and manual invoice posting (FB60). You will be learning how the SAP vendor module works and how to deal with the vendor management within Bentley.
- Learning the VAT system in various countries.
- Learning to forecast and prepare weekly payment proposals.
- Acquire new knowledge for approval requests – interacting with colleagues to ensure approvals are obtained.
- Additionally, we will give you an insight of what controllers are doing, month end, yearend, analyzing the trial balance, reconciling the general ledgers, managing various taxes, management of the payment of governmental obligations (social security, wage taxes, pension liabilities).
- A student, currently pursuing Bachelor/Master degree in Finance/Accounting
- Excellent organizational & communication skills
- Time Management skills
- Experience working in an office environment is desirable
- Fluency in English is essential
- Willingness to learn
- You have the opportunity to work within a multi-lingual and diverse international environment.
- Being able to learn practical skills and be exposed to day to day changing environment and tasks.
- Equal and respectful culture treating all our colleagues as equal.
- Collaborative and cooperative working environment.
- Being part of the world-leading software company providing solutions for architecture, engineering and construction.
- Stipend of Eur 450/month (gross) for full-time basis (part-time basis will be pro-rated)
- Coverage of Dutch Health Insurance
- Transportation expenses from home to work
Bentley is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, religion/belief, national origin, caste, age, or any other characteristic protected by local law or unrelated to job qualifications.