Who We Are Looking For
The AGCO Acceleration Center is looking for an Analytics Intern who is a self-starter and is interested in using data to solve problems and create progressive solutions. This person will work on projects as a member of the Proactive Customer Services team, which is dedicated to developing value-adding services using analytics to enable greater productivity and profitability to our customers. In addition to being involved with IoT and data analytics, this person will also have opportunities to exhibit their skills in data visualization. Join a team in the heart of this technology and data revolution in Precision Agriculture with a Fortune 500 company that is utilizing smart farming solutions to feed the world.
What You Will Do
This person will work closely with the global Advanced Analytics function, looking for new ways to use data to create internal value, enable our dealers, reach new customers, and leverage machine data in new ways to increase customer value. Working on varying use cases and access to multiple data sources, there is opportunity to explore new ideas, be creative, and gain experience within a unique organization. This position will focus on data-driven projects but there will be opportunities to dive into other key business functions. Successful candidates will be able to use their data expertise to explore datasets, enhance data quality, build dashboards, uncover insights, and ultimately tell a story. If this sounds like you, we are excited to hear from you!
What You Will Bring
- Must be a full-time enrolled student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Major in business analytics, statistics, computer science, or any quantitative field is strongly preferred
- At least one-year of experience in data visualization and data analytics
A Plus If You Have
- Ag-related majors or industry experience is preferred but not required
- Skilled with Microsoft Excel and relational database software
- Experience with data visualization tools, preferred experience in Tableau.
- Experience in AWS Glue / Programming / ETL / Business Reporting Analytics
- Experience gathering data from various source systems/databases, cleansing & transforming and preparing data ahead of analysis & data-mining phase
- Experience with coding languages like R or Python
- Proficient with statistical analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Critical thinker, comfortable with experimentation and problem solving without specific process
This is a paid, part-time internship to begin immediately and extend through the Spring 2021 semester at the AGCO Acceleration Center in the University of Illinois’ Research Park. Students are required to work 15-20 hours a week.
What We Offer
GLOBAL DIVERSITY – Diversity means many things to us, different brands, cultures, nationalities, genders, generations – even variety in our roles. You make us unique!
ENTERPRISING SPIRIT- Every role adds value. We’re committed to helping you develop and grow to realize your potential.
POSITIVE IMPACT – Make it personal and help us feed the world.
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES – You can combine your love for technology with manufacturing excellence – and work alongside teams of people around the world who share your enthusiasm.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOU – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.