What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Instrumentation/Electrician Maintenance Associate
Pay Rate: $23.56
We are looking for dependable people with excellent problem-solving, communication and teamwork skills. This position will assist journeyman-level IEs in routine maintenance work as well as performing many duties independently.
Duties for IEs include, but are not restricted to, electrical circuit troubleshooting & repair, conduit & wire installation, lighting repair, PLC troubleshooting & repair, drive troubleshooting & repair, Instrumentation & control valve calibration, troubleshooting & repair, and HVAC work.
- Must be currently 18 years of age or older
- Eligible for employment in the U.S.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- Able to function in a team environment.
AND one of the following:
- One (1) year experience in any of the following Maintenance Skill Areas: INSTRUMENTATION, ELECTRICAL, OR HVAC.
- One (1) year vocational/technical education in the Instrumentation Electrical Disciplines: INSTRUMENTATION ELECTRICAL, OR HVAC.
PLUS: Must be willing to meet the following requirements:
- Undergo a drug screen for illicit use of drugs as a condition of employment
- Submit to periodic drug screens as a condition of employment
- Work any shift and/or a rotating shift schedule
- Work overtime on a regular basis and with last minute notification
- Work holidays and/or weekends on a regular basis
- Wear required safety equipment
- Operate or work in industrial conditions (i.e. warm/hot, dusty/dirty, around hazardous chemicals, noise, heavy machinery or elevated working surfaces with proper safety training and safety protection)
- Must be willing to participate on the HEAT team (in house emergency response team).
- The Savannah Mill operates 24 hours/day, 7 days a week and the successful candidate must be able to work overtime and on holidays and weekends. Although the majority of the Mill’s maintenance workforce works 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM, some work rotating shifts. Therefore, applicants must be willing to work a rotating shift schedule and/or an altered schedule.
- Associate degree in any of the IP Core Maintenance skills or related disciplines. (Instrumentation or Electrical)
- Relevant work experience in an industrial environment.
- Strong math/physics understanding.
- Instrumentation background on the Instrumentation Electrical side.
Qualified applicants should apply on-line www.internationalpaper.com
Applications will not be accepted on site.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Savannah GA 31415