What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Pay Rate $36.88
Duties for IEs include, but are not restricted to, electrical circuit troubleshooting & repair, conduit & wire installation, lighting repair, PLC troubleshooting & repair, drive troubleshooting & repair, Instrumentation & control valve calibration, troubleshooting & repair, and HVAC work.
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two year Associate Degree in a related field or a registered apprenticeship or similar formal training is required
- Three or more years of experience in Heavy Industrial Maintenance
- Previous multi-skilled maintenance experience
- Must possess high standards in the areas of safety, quality, ethics, craftsmanship, customer focus, and leadership skills
- Skilled in maintenance and troubleshooting of I/E related equipment and process problems
- Knowledge of key operating areas, PLCs, AC&DC drives, analog and digital field instrumentation, and DCS equipment
- Preferred three years of mechanical maintenance in pulp and paper industry
PLUS: Must be willing to meet the following requirements:
- Undergo a drug screen for illicit use of drugs as a condition of employment
- Submit to periodic drug screens as a condition of employment.
- Work any shift and/or a rotating shift schedule
- Work overtime on a regular basis and with last minute notification
- Work holidays and/or weekends on a regular basis
- Wear required safety equipment
- Operate or work in industrial conditions (i.e. warm/hot, dusty/dirty, around hazardous chemicals, noise, heavy machinery or elevated working surfaces with proper safety training and safety protection)
- Participate on the HEAT team (in house emergency response team)
International Paper offers a very attractive and competitive benefit package including, but not limited to, health care coverage including a PPO plan, dental insurance, life insurance, holiday pay and paid vacation. International Paper employees are eligible for retirement benefits including a 401k plan in which the company will match 50% on the first 6% of earnings and a Company defined pension plan currently at $55.00 per month/per year of service.
Qualified applicants should apply on-line www.internationalpaper.com
Applications will not be accepted on site
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.