Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lead Generation Representatives drive demand for an organization’s products and solutions in a variety of ways, including further qualifying leads that have been generated by marketing and have scored using marketing automation, managing/qualifying inbound lead activity, engaging in small net fishing programs and cold calling campaigns.
This position is primarily a communications position and performs outbound prospecting functions. It will utilize professional communication, research and networking skills, as well as marketing and sales skills. The Lead Generation Representative calls companies across North America and talks to professionals about their telecommunications business needs and initiatives across a spectrum of existing Lumen customers and New Logo/Dim/Dark companies. The Representative will identify who the most appropriate decision maker is in the company (usually a director, VP or even C-Level) by speaking with multiple company representatives (as necessary). They will then initiate a conversation with the decision maker to either introduce or reaffirm Lumen’s products & services, educate the decision maker on the Lumen value proposition, and ask a variety of questions of the decision maker (BANT methodology). The Lead Generation Specialist will then use the data to record the prospect in the appropriate systems, and will coordinate a timely handoff to the appropriate Sales Team members to complete the next steps in the sales process based on the information gathered.
The Main Responsibilities
- Utilizing the Power dialer, the Lead Generation Rep needs to make 100 calls/day and document the calling activity into Salesforce.com and other systems as appropriate.
- The Lead Gen Rep needs to create an ideal mix of phone, email and social media prospecting that will provide the best conversion metrics to conversations, meetings, opportunity creation for sales.
- Be conversant in the BANT methodology of qualifying customers/prospects, understanding how to research companies, go deep and wide into Accounts and feel comfortable talking to high level decision makers within companies.
- Have a broad understanding of the Lumen portfolio of solutions/products, convey the value proposition, deliver elevator pitches and key messaging as needed to progress the conversation and improve conversation/meetings percentage
- Be comfortable with technology and allow the various tools to help drive efficiencies and effectiveness & ensuring compliance to established KPI’s and 100% disposition of AQL’s
- Proactively raise challenges, issues and roadblocks with Manager and seek assistance to improve all round performance
What We Look For in a Candidate
3-5 years’ experience in a role with significant efficiency, volume, and quality demands
Call Center or Inside Sales experience highly desired.
Being comfortable on the phones, performing research on companies before calling in
Ability to work with call center enablement tools, including auto dialers, predictive dialers, call scripts, email
templates, and target lists.
Working knowledge of Salesforce.com /Marketing Automation tools
Bachelors in a Marketing, Sales related discipline
Prior knowledge of Account Based Marketing (ABM), Account Based Sales Development (ABSD),
Personalization at scale techniques are a plus
Requisition #: 252237
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.