- Follow and commit to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service requirements.
- Follow practices and processes intended to provide safe products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company quality standards
- Follow and commit to safety and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Set up, start, adjust, operate, diagnose, troubleshoot and properly shut down industrial mixers in accordance with published production schedules and product specifications.
- Assures ink color matches customer requirements for all printed materials
- Mixes and matches colors using formulas and standards
- Uses spectrophotometer and hand-proofer to ensure color match or troubleshoot potential problems
- Distributes the ink and manufacturing orders to machine operators
- Perform general preventative maintenance on equipment (i.e. fill lube lines, lube chain rails, grease guns, etc.)
- Maintain logs and reports as required
- Promptly notifies the Maintenance Department of any maintenance required
- Notifies supervisor of significant deviations from normal operating conditions
- Perfoms back-up Machine Operator responsibilities during break and lunch periods
- Performs processes in SAP as required
- Maintains inventories of inks, supplies and related additives
- Programs and makes computer entries as required
- Operates plate making equipment as needed
- Assists in quality problem solving
- One (1) year experience operating manufacturing and process control equipment or equivalent technical school or apprentice experience
- Previous plant production software experience required
- Math skills to include simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Familiar with and ability to convert decimals to fractions or vice versa
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot problems including knowledge of machines and tools, their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of multiple facets of production such as set-up, inspection, packaging, and material handling
- Microsoft Word skills to include the ability to open, close, create, edit and save documents
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to observe, follow, understand, and evaluate processes demonstrated and other workplace procedures
- Ability to meet safety and quality standards
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
Preferred Core Skills
- SAP experience
- Previous experience with inks or printing
- Previous powered industrial truck experience
- Paper converting, chemical/plastics processing and/or packaging industrial experience
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (833) 472-3278 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.