Requisition ID: 231928
Requisition Posting End Date: 03/31/2021
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in Infrastructure; Mining and Metals; Nuclear, Security and Environmental; and Oil, Gas, and Chemicals. Today, our colleagues' team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer for the Mining & Metals team in Chile. The position develops, maintains, and verifies the implementation of the quality activities of the project assignment. Performs assignments designed to develop professional work, knowledge, and abilities. Guidance is provided by more experienced quality professionals who implement quality programs on a project.
Independently develops and operates complex quality systems in a field location requiring the application of specialized and/or advanced quality engineering principles and technical analysis. Assesses the full life-cycle work processes to identify and mitigate design, construction, procurement, and start-up risks. May participate in the formulation and development of advanced quality engineering concepts associated with proposal development design or construction pertaining to quality engineering.
The successful candidate must have strong organizational and teamwork skills and communication abilities. The work will be based on INCO project facilities and performed on project locations (Los Vilos, and the project site in Minera Los Pelambres).
A. Supervision Received
· Performs most assignments independently with instructions as to the general requirements.
· Receives operational supervision and direction from a Quality Supervisor or Project Quality Manager.
B. Supervision Exercised
· Provides functional guidance to quality engineers who assist in performing specific assignments. Provides technical direction to quality engineers and others when assigned.
· Maintains contact with project and staff personnel in engineering, procurement, construction, supplier quality, administrative services, testing, operations, start up, commissioning, decommissioning, project management and others, as required by assignments, to impart or obtain information.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Prepares and completes quality audit checklists and participates in quality audits of project quality program/plans including, as needed, pre-award assessments of potential suppliers and subcontractors as a prospective lead auditor or a qualified lead auditor.
2. Assesses and monitors project engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning and other activities related to the quality program/plan.
3. Reviews and monitors nonconforming conditions and associated corrective actions to ensure quality program effectiveness.
4. Reviews and determines applicable quality requirements for inclusion in selected engineering, procurement, and construction documents.
5. Reviews and reports on project associated quality-related procedures and manuals for conformance to project quality program/plan requirements.
6. Drafts quality procedures for review, approval, and issuance in accordance with approved processes.
7. Drafts revisions/amendments to project quality program/plans.
8. Reviews and reports on new or revised regulatory requirements and their impact on the established quality program.
9. Reviews and determines the sufficiency of project quality control inspection plans.
10. Analyzes and recommends solutions to mitigate performance risk.
11. Follows up on actions taken in response to audit findings to ensure adequacy of completed corrective actions.
12. Provides direction and assigns work to quality specialists and others who assist on specific assignments. Reviews and checks work.
13. Works with and/or leads root cause analysis in conjunction with other project or staff personnel to develop corrective action plans which assist in the resolution of complex issues.
14. Provides input into the development of standardized metrics and responds to engineering, construction, procurement, and others who request guidance on implementation of quality requirements.
15.Defines and implements quality system tools and procedures to support work processes.
16.Extracts data from reference material, either technical or non-technical in scope. Compiles, analyzes and prepares, prepare information for studies or reports, such as charts and graphs.
· Technical knowledge in the application of engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, or operations or decommissioning practices sufficient to comprehend specified engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning, and regulatory requirements.
· Knowledge of the quality principles and their application to engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations or decommissioning.
· Knowledge of corrective action system application to eliminate nonconforming conditions.
· Knowledge of regulatory requirements and functions that impact the quality program.
· Proficiency in oral and written communication.
· Proficiency in the use of applicable computer applications including Microsoft software.
· Knowledge of Bechtel’s administrative practices.
This knowledge is normally acquired through one or a combination of the following:
· A recognized degree and/or specialized courses in engineering, quality or a specialized discipline
· Practical work experience in engineering, environmental science, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning, or business administration
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In case you are in a situation of disability, please let us know if you require any adjustments to participate in the recruitment and selection process, to guarantee equal opportunities