At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Waterloo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Infrastructure / Tools Verification Champion – 81480
As an ISG Infrastructure / Tools Verification Champion for the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group located in Waterloo, Iowa, you will….
• Create and execute the software test strategy (where to test) for the scope of features being delivered by the infrastructure / tools team you are embedded with – MiL/SiL (virtual environment), HiL (subsystem simulator in the lab or desktop), ViL (Tractor).
• Create and execute the software verification test plan (which test cases to run) for the features delivered and defects fixed by the infrastructure / tools team you are embedded with.
• Create, Review/Approve, and execute test specification/test cases for functional verification.
• Decide appropriate level of regression testing required for each release.
• Establish and track software test metrics (requirements to test case coverage, test case data, test results, defects found, defect escapes …) .
• Maintain test documentation in version control systems
• Demonstrate compliance with applicable standards
What Skills You Need
• 1+ years experience designing, developing, testing, or integrating products that were successfully delivered to production, especially electronic control units, software systems, and system integration infrastructure.
• 1+ years experience with J1939 CAN protocol or CAN tools used for logging and analyzing vehicle networks (Ex. Vector CANalyzer, Vector CANoe or Intrepid tool sets).
• 1+ years working in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams.
• Strong analytical skills to break down, solve, and convey complex features/issues to engineers in other disciplines.
• Experience with test case automation tools (e.g. ECU-Test, etc.).
• Experience using scripting languages (e.g. Python, C#, CAPL, etc.).
What Makes You Stand Out
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with network communication protocols, infrastructure, tools, data standards (ex: LIN, Ethernet, UDS diagnostic protocol ISO14229, ODX).
• Experience with security infrastructure, tools, data standards, cryptography (ex: PKI).
• Experience with production line vehicle or subsystem testing.
• Experience with test plan design and test execution at the component level or subsystem level.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
• ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) Certification or equivalent.
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.