Job ID: 125894
Required Travel :Minimal
Managerial – No
Location: MEXICO- GUADALAJARA (Amdocs Site)
Who are we?
At Amdocs, our purpose is to enrich lives and progress society. With our creativity and technology, we help make a better connected world. Amdocs and its 25,000 employees serve the leading players in the communications and media industry, enabling next-generation experiences in 85 countries. Our cloud-native, open and dynamic portfolio of digital solutions, platforms and services brings greater choice, faster time to market and flexibility, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers as they drive growth, transform and take their business to the cloud. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.1 billion in fiscal 2019. For more information, visit Amdocs at http://www.amdocs.com
In one sentence
The Capacity Analyst provides IT visibility for optimized use of existing data center hardware and software resources to meet performance and availability SLAs.
What will your job look like?
- Monitor the performance and throughput or load of existing data centers hardware and software resources
- Generate server and application hardware consumption reports based on routine production data
- Compare consumption report results to KPIs, and provide analysis of trends
- Provide cross-site utilization and productivity comparisons (storage and servers)
- Identify anomalies in trends, and provide alerts if capacity growth requires capacity planning adjustments.
- Communicate monitoring results and trends analysis to technical architects and other IT stakeholders
- Assess impact of small and simple CRs (such as additional operational flows or jobs)
All you need is…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Total Experience: 6 to 8 years
- Required: 2+ years of experience in Capacity Planning and Capacity Management.
- Required: Strong experience in Scripting (Python, Bash, Perl), SQL queries, Influx.
- Required: Strong experience in Advanced Excel
- Required: Proficient in mathematical skills: Basic statistical models (e.g. Gaussian distribution: Normal distribution), terms (median, standard deviation, etc.)
- Required: Good hands-on experience with computing resources and knowledge of Hardware and Software requirements in production environments.
- Required: 2+ years experience in programming.
- Desired: Data Centre Experience
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills
Why you will love this job:
- Build your skills and work on a broad scope of activities
- As you will support excellent products, you will assemble relevant data, identifies trends and root causes, and draws logical conclusions to develop solutions
- We will provide you a scope for professional development
- We offer a wide range of stellar benefits including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as paid time off, sick time, and parental leave!
Amdocs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce