Location: Penang, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur (MY-14), Malaysia (MY)
Hiring Manager: Fearghal Hennessy
Recruiter: Jason Tan
Provides supervision and technical leadership to employees and supervisors who are responsible for analyzing, designing, and implementing manufacturing and business process improvements that increase capacity, reduce lead-time, reduce the work-in-process, improve fill-rates, and improve process flow and efficiency.
- Define a functional strategy that supports the SLTs direction for the site.
- Define a space strategy for the plant and regular space strategy reviews with SLT.
- Define a staffing plan by identifying resource requirements, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes, and coordinating the selection process with Human Resources.
- Develops direct reports by securing appropriate training, assigning progressively challenging tasks, applying progressive disciplinary action as appropriate and conducting formal written and verbal performance reviews.
- Monitors daily work operations and provide direction and guidance to lower-level supervisors, experienced exempt employees, or skilled nonexempt staff to achieve unit or project goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, by meeting regularly, responding to requests and explaining procedures.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, BSI, EEO regulations etc).
- Monitors internal and external indicators by reviewing reports and newsletters, reading organizational literature, meeting with peers and reading departmental reports.
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budget through regular analysis of cost and spending.
- Lead facility layout and design projects with the Process Development Engineering, Production, Facilities and Manufacturing Engineering teams (as directed by site).
- Initiate, lead and sponsor VIP, Lean and BPI projects with Production, Process Development, Manufacturing Engineering and support functions.
- Drive the ongoing introduction and advancement of Lean culture, philosophies, principles and practices across the plant and work with local management to create and maintain the Lean vision for the plant.
- Constantly promote, educate and instil the culture of waste identification and elimination throughout the plant in manufacturing and support areas as well as the culture of a structured, disciplined, driven-by-data-and-statistical-analysis way to solve problems and improve all kind of processes.
- Develop and conduct Lean training programs for employees at all levels and departments.
- Lead the creation, maintenance and refinement of a Lean toolkit that can include: 5S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, mistake proofing and line balancing.
- Oversee the deployment and support the use of corporate Lean tools and Metrics (Core Metrics, WCG, VSP, 5S, Lean Goals and Plans, etc.).
- Establish and maintain tools and process to define the available output capacity per production line.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Requisition ID: 483933