With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Job Title: IE/OE Specialist, Widia Shinki (WS) Company
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
This position is with the Widia Shinki Company and works directly under the supervision of the Plant Manager. Responsible to establish an engineering department to support the plant growth including all aspects, functions, and infrastructure of the plant engineering requirements. Guide the design, development and implementation of process improvement initiatives and activities of the Company to improve competitiveness and operational excellence.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop technical and commercial Complete Cutting Tooling Project quotes for customers in addition to machine tool builders. Technical responsibility for Project orders (all technical clarification with customer before quotation and after order submitted). Technical Project Management.
- Lead product transfers – identify, plan and implement product transfers from other plants
- Develop new, innovative tooling solutions together with the customer and the machine tool builder.
- Developing of Cost per Part – Analysis and optimization of manufacturing processes.
- Quote sketches/ process studies supported.
- Conversant with lean concepts like Lean, Six Sigma, FMEA, RCA, 5S, Kaizen, etc.
- Conversant with OEE improvement and cycle time reduction projects;
- Visits customer’s site to conduct the complicated and detailed trouble shooting process and/or present/explain solution to customer.
- Support for customers and Sales Engineers in explaining technical details connected with usage and design of the tools.
- Support during runoff of the delivered tools to customer (by phone or when needed at customer’s site).
- Create documentation and archive in accordance to the Company’s procedures.
- Communicate with suppliers (technical and commercial, follow the job which was ordered to them).
- Review and measure engineering methods, technology application, and workflow processes and apply lean/continuous improvement application skills.
- Develop tactical plans to achieve business results and provide feedback and input on strategy.
Education, Work Experience, Skills, Certificates Required
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese (written and spoken)
- Mechanical Engineering / Industrial Engineering or Technical Educations
- About 5 years of related work experience in metalworking industry (especially in cutting tools and/or CNC metalworking machines and/or CAD/CAM software),
- System processing experience – specifically, SAP
- Knowledge of ISO systems/ TS 16949/ ISO 14001 preferred
- Proactive, aggressive, well-organized and hardworking
- Ability to prioritize and follow-up on issues with method and efficiency
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High level of autonomy, experience in working in fast moving, technical business environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Office software, ACAD and/or other CAD/CAM software
Equal Opportunity Employer