Gardaworld is seeking a motivated and upbeat individual to provide First Aid training in both official languages to our current employees on a part time / casual basis.
A First Aid trainer educates and assesses Gardaworld employees in the ability to execute first aid.
A First Aid trainer runs courses in French and English to Gardaworld employees at various job sites. First Aid trainers are required to teach the basic skills in the event there is a workplace accident.
First Aid trainers will work in a demonstrative environment with moderately-sized groups of people, meaning trainers need to be confident and have the ability to speak clearly and get their point across effectively. Being a First Aid trainer requires the ability to create a positive and relaxed environment with the group and sufficient knowledge to answer questions and act out hypothetical situations.
First Aid trainers may have to travel around the province to deliver courses and will not always work usual office hours as courses often have to be delivered to fit around daily work schedules or trainees. This means being flexible and available. Training schedules are prepared well in advance.
- Fluently Bilingual in French and English (Asset)
- Valid First Aid Workplace Level C
- Experience in teaching or instructing (minimum 1 year)
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
- Medical First Responder or Emergency Medical Responder training would be considered an asset.
- Firefighter, Paramedic, first responder would be considered an asset.
- Any other experience directly or indirectly related to this position would be considered an asset.
- Flexible schedule, however; candidate must be available 1 day, 1 night and 1 day on the weekend at least once a month to be considered.
We will provide First Aid instructor training upon hire