Requisition Number: 45484
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning’s businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
The IMS Analyst role will be responsible for working with business leaders, user, and IT resources to scope and define, develop, implement and support standardized Camstar MES and PAC SCADA solutions across multiple divisions in a global environment.
- Provide deep subject matter expertise and technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective, standardized and meet user requirements
- Engage with internal/external customers to analyze requirements from a business and systems perspective by interpreting business goals and objectives and translating them into technical solutions.
- Develop project schedules and budgets, overseeing the entire project timeline (scoping/discovery, requirements, design, build, test, implement, and support). Track work to ensure that application work is completed on schedule and that all impact to manufacturing systems are thoroughly documented and communicated. For larger projects, a Project Manager will be assigned to manage overall project metrics and tracking.
- Key point of contact for the site business users, collaborating on testing and training materials to ensure that the site is prepared for implementation.
- Collaborate with other IT staff such as Solution Architects, Developers, and Support staff. Facilitating daily/weekly communication and status sessions to track progress throughout the project cycle.
- Ensure solutions are designed and deployed in accordance to standard Corning IT practices and the Corning Manufacturing 4.0 reference architecture.
- Lead solution-selection activities as well as proof-of-concepts to show Camstar/PAC benefits for new sites/divisions, assess cost/benefit, efficiency and technical viability of solutions to business problems.
- Some international travel required in support of projects
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science /Systems Management/IT or engineering related field
- Strong interest in manufacturing and manufacturing execution systems
- Leadership and project management skills, with ability to continuously prioritize and multitask efficiently
- 5-7 years of experience
- Strong communication, presentation, organizational, facilitation and negotiation skills (including ability to “translate” between business and technology needs). Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant solutions
- Ability to influence decisions with critical thinking based upon experience and grasp of the strategic intent of the project
- Exposure to Manufacturing Execution Systems including 2 to 4 years Camstar or similar MES experience
- Experience communicating with all levels of management and company personnel
- Experience working with IT systems in a 24/7 manufacturing environment
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.