Role Title: IFRS 9 Reporting Analyst, Finance
Location: Dublin / Hybrid Working
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
Summary of role:
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of AIB’s consolidated IFRS 9 ECL reporting, a topic which has become increasingly important over recent years, with many internal and external stakeholders having a significant focus on insights and analysis of the key drivers of ECL. This is achieved through close collaboration with the three business segments Capital Markets, Retail Banking and the UK to deliver insightful presentations and analysis of ECL to governance forum including ECL Committee, Exco Group Credit Committee (Exco GCC) and ultimately Board Audit Committee (BAC). External stakeholders including external auditors and the Joint Supervisory Team (JST).
The Group Performance and ECL Reporting team is part of Finance Business Partners, a future-focussed team whose objective is supporting the business in development and delivery of AIB’s strategic and financial objectives. Being part of Finance Business Partners provides significant opportunity to gain insight into the actual and forecast financial performance, aligned to AIB’s stated strategy.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Prepare monthly ECL workbooks from Management Information (MI) systems for circulation to business stakeholders and review internally for review and analysis of the reasonableness of ECL outcomes based on underlying portfolio performance and relative to Plan.
- Work as part of a dynamic team in preparing comprehensive ECL presentations for governance forum including ECL Committees, Exco GCC, BAC and Exco within scheduled deadlines. This includes commentary on key ECL metrics, portfolio trends, sensitivity analysis and emerging risks.
- Participate in and contribute to the analysis of IFRS 9 model outcomes by challenging the input assumptions and reviewing outputs and impacts on the ECL balance and P&L.
- Work with stakeholders to develop enhanced insight and understanding of emerging trends and potential ECL outcomes.
- Conduct independent analysis to determine the drivers of actual performance and support forecasting of potential future outcomes which will contribute to ECL planning.
- Undertake peer bank benchmarking analysis to inform market trends and peer approaches so that senior management gain insight into AIB’s alignment to market norms.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customers and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- 4+ years’ relevant working in financial services and/or markets role with an ability to ‘hit the ground running. Professional qualification is an advantage (e.g. ACCA/ ACA/ CIMA/ CFA or equivalent);
- Ability to manage relationships (internal and external) – high level of verbal and written communication skills;
- Be a self-starter, with a strong work ethic, who can either work independently or as part of a small, close-knit team;
- Strong skills in quantitative analysis with excellent attention to detail;
- Results-oriented, with an ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure; and,
- Have a high level of initiative and ability to act with discretion and confidentiality.
If you feel you have what it takes, Click Apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them on email .
By when? Closing date is Wednesday 8th December