Company Name: Kroger Logistics
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
At Kroger, we are looking for talented and engaged individuals with a passion to Feed the Human Spirit. We need individuals who will share in our goal to being friendly and caring, and to make sure that everything we do is Fresh for Everyone in our communities. Our employees are leaders who are committed to personifying Our Promise of Everyone Friendly and Caring, Everything Fresh, to Uplift in Every Way and to Improve Every Day.
Kroger is excited to move to Florida and we are looking for great associates to join our team! Our Fulfillment Center (FC), located in Groveland, is a proud member of the nation-wide Kroger Family of Companies. The FC is a new concept for Kroger – where customer orders are picked daily by Fulfillment Center Associates and delivered to customer homes the following day in Kroger refrigerated vans by Delivery Drivers. The Tampa spoke will be an exciting arm of the fulfillment center delivering Kroger Fresh products to the coast!
We are currently looking for a Human Resources Generalist for our Jacksonville spoke. The primary responsibilities will be:
- Associate Relations
Why you’ll love working with us:
Tuition Reimbursement after 6 months of employment (up to $3,500 a year & $21,000 over your career)
Excellent health benefit package
Pension with 401k Options
Paid time off (vacation, holidays and personal days)
Employee discounts of Kroger-branded food
Employee discounts with cell phone providers, computer companies, travel organizations and more!
Advancement potential in a fast-growing industry. Come for a job. Stay for a career.
Provide support for Logistics associates regarding employee relations, performance management, recruiting, candidate selection, on-boarding and overall strategic business partnerships. Assist the Total Rewards manager and Human Resources (HR) director of logistics regarding HR projects and administrative functions. Partner with associates/management at regional distribution centers and the Kroger corporate office to facilitate/communicate out about various HR projects, policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations. Assist with maintaining compliance with federal/state regulations in regards to employment/safety. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support the Total Rewards/Logistics director with implementing HR processes/procedures and improving associate relations/communications.
- Assist with performance excellence discussion (PED) processes and performance management plans.
- Support the recruitment, selection and on-boarding process for related business units.
- Provide guidance and direction regarding compensation (offers of employment, job leveling, promotional increases and merit increases); assure alignment with company compensation plan.
- Provide assistance/support of training initiatives and individual development plans.
- Partner with corporate department managers regarding workforce planning and future needs.
- Collect data regarding current facility processes; develop improved methods with input from stakeholders.
- Incorporate stakeholder input into project development; communicate details of completed projects to the field to ensure successful implementation.
- Manage HR department functions; provide support to regional distribution/floral centers.
- Provide training to associates for a variety of leadership development training programs and HR systems.
- Assure compliance with I-9, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) regulations.
- Monitor the leave process; assure it is in alignment with medical/worker compensation guidelines.
- Liaison with Kroger Accounting Service Center to complete projects.
- Monitor the Employment Tax Credit program to ensure it is effectively implemented and adhered to.
- Travel to partner with corporate department managers regarding workforce planning and future needs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 3 years of management experience
- 2 years’ experience in HR related functions
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to interact well in a team environment and use collaborative skills to accomplish goals
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects/responsibilities
- Ability to build/maintain cooperative business partnerships
- Ability to handle sensitive information while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with HR compliance and government regulations
- Experience utilizing HR information and payroll systems
- Experience with recruiting/hiring, training/development, coaching, employee relations, and/or compensation
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Keywords: associate relations, learning and development
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1St Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: FL || Jacksonville || 9501 Arlington Expresswa || 32225 || Kroger Logistics || None || Human Resources || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None