Requisition ID: 41684
Job Category: Human Resources
Location: Mississauga, Canada
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Human Resources Coordinator to join our HR Shared Services team in Mississauga. In this role, you will report to the HR Service Centre Lead in Mississauga and collaborate with the broader Human Resources group to ensure that every employee experience at Hatch is exceptional.
The Human Resources Shared Services team is a client-focused team that works in partnership with employees, managers, and other HR functions to provide strategic, simple, and efficient solutions that drive operational excellence and business results. The ideal candidate will have outstanding attention to detail, strong administrative skills, competent in data entry, MS Office including advanced Excel, familiarity using HR technology (SAP, SuccessFactors), with proven ability to handle confidential matters, be flexible and confident, as well as being able to work independently.
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- General administration and coordination.
- Provide employee policy and procedure guidance to employees and management.
- Assist with payroll administration/processing.
- Maintain and update both hard and digital copies of employee’ records.
- Answer all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Execute and manage transactions in HRIS, including increases, bonuses, leaves, absence administration, terminations etc.
Recruitment and Onboarding:
- Supporting the administrative part of the new hire process (i.e., creation of employee in HR System).
- Assisting, where necessary, during the pre-onboarding and onboarding of employees
- Administer new employee on-boarding, including organizing and performing new hire orientation, creating new employee files, ensuring all necessary documentation is completed and submitted
- Conduct audits of HR data and perform corrective actions.
- Generate reports on general HR activity.
- Recommend possible actions to improve existing processes.
- First point of contact for employees with benefits-related questions and problems, escalate to Benefits Advisor as necessary.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group insurance, long-term disability, pensions, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Education, preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or in another related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ of related HR experience required.
Interpersonal and communication skills:
- Communicates clearly, both in writing and verbally, in order to engage with members of the HR management team, and during group presentations
- Deal with a diverse group of people in potentially adversarial situations using a calm, tactful, discreet, and effective approach.
- French language skills as asset.
Organizational and time management skills:
- Prioritizes and plans work activities in order to manage time efficiently, while managing a high volume of work.
- Work with a sense of urgency in a dynamic, very fast-paced environment.
Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills:
- Effectively analyzes data, drawing logical conclusions and providing reasonable recommendations.
- Identifies issues and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Exercise mature judgment.
Strong attention to detail:
- Accurately and thoroughly monitors work for quality.
- Ensure standard specifications are met, including high-level proofreading.
- Enter and review data efficiently and accurately.
Computer and administrative skills:
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel skills an asset.
- Experience in creating organizational charts, reports, and other documents.
- Previous HRIS experience and data analysis an asset; SAP and Success Factors experience preferred.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.