As the leader in business and industry dining, Eurest is the company to join if you want a rewarding career packed with limitless opportunities. We feed the employees of the nation’s largest and most-prestigious companies — in every state and across all industries. As a member of Eurest’s leadership and professional support team, you will help our 16,000 chefs, and in-unit associates excel as they deliver world-class meals in corporate cafes and executive dining rooms with on-site catering through vending innovations and more.
Our company is innovative, high performing and fast growing. Our teammates are enthusiastic, committed to quality and thrive on consistently delivering unparalleled results. And did we mention we work with exciting companies and at interesting locations? Come grow your career with Eurest.
The primary focus of this position is to support the Human Resources function so that it meets both the needs of the business and of our associates. The HR Business Partner will take the lead role in all of the following functional areas: associate relations, HR specific training, HR legal requirements and compliance, development and revision of HR policies and procedures, associate engagement survey action plan follow up, performance and merit increase monitoring and hiring non-exempt associates.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all Company policies are applied consistently regarding recruitment, postings, promotions, merit adjustments, terminations, and any other standing HR practice or policy to maintain equitable treatment.
- Objectively coach associates and management through complex and difficult issues.
- Provide guidance to management on appropriate disciplinary action.
- Assist with on-site investigations.
- Maintain and coordinate associate recognition programs.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in relation to personnel files, I-9s, public postings, etc.
- File information into the appropriate files.
- Regularly run and/or review HR activity reports.
- Support internal customer survey and associate engagement survey interpretation/feedback process.
- Assist managers in the development and coordination of job descriptions and structured interviews.
- Attend department manager meetings to increase HR visibility, conduct classroom training, provide assistance and implement HR initiatives.
- Review any request for pay increases or other status changes to ensure internal equity and consistency.
- Process status change forms.
- Design and implement HR tools to support the strategic and tactical HR business plan.
- Prepare, coordinate and present HR related topics and other HR related training (i.e., Orientation, Sexual Harassment, and Progressive Counseling).
- Research salary offers to ensure internal pay equity.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- PHR or SPHR designation strongly preferred.
- 5+ years human resources generalist experience preferred, management experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex associate relations issues at a large, multi-unit organization preferred.
- Previous experience as part of a centralized HR environment, preferably in a corporate setting.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills; advanced skills preferred.
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from associates, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Training certification a plus (i.e. Zenger-Miller, Stephen Covey, etc.).
Apply to Eurest today!
Eurest is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 745053