Requisition ID: 235052
Requisition Posting End Date: 06/12/2021
Short Term Assignment – 6 Months
Company Overview: Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world.
Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is seeking a HR and Government Relations Specialist who will report to the HR & Government Relations Lead. The selected candidate will assist the HR & Government Relations Lead with HR operations within the country and will focus on ensuring Bechtel’s compliance with immigration requirements.
- Support existing projects with tracking the issuance and renewals of iqama and exit/re-entry visas for new and existing personnel Monitor and administer government portals as necessary (General Organization of Social Insurance (GOSI), Ministry of Human Resources and Social development platforms such as Qiwa, and Mudad (MHRDS), Chamber of Commerce (COC), Wage Protection System (WPS),Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA)
- Support the registration of new joiners and leavers with General Organization of Social Insurance (GOSI), Qiwa and Mudad.
- Stay current on any changes or amendments to immigration laws/rules/regulations, changes in forms/formats and other procedures and keep stakeholders aware of such changes
- Complete departure and exit procedures for employees after cancellation of visas
- Track all medical insurance deletions and additions
- Assist in implementing HR policies, procedures and instructions by monitoring relevant legislative and market changes within the country
- Provide assistance and guidance on country level work visa requirements and work visa options
- Provide HR and GR assistance and expertise to country management
- Assist with translation service requests with the third party
- Any other HR/GR requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field with 3+ years of progressive experience in government relations and human resources or 6+ years of related experience in lieu of degree
- Strong knowledge of local labor law regulations and proven ability to interpret, guide, enforce and implement local labor and visa legislations.
- Good command of Arabic and English, both spoken and written
- Experience preparing and presenting confidential employee data
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Experience working on projects with large multinational teams
- Strong work delivery focus
- Proven ability to exercise a high degree of individual initiative, discretion, and judgment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with changing priorities, deadlines and stakeholders
- Detail oriented, organized, flexible and able to work with multiple levels is essential
- Proven experience with human resources processes
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.