At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking a HT QCDI Engineer for its Lynchburg, VA location!
- Serves as liaison between engineers and inspectors.
- Generates functional specifications for programming support.
- Prepares engineering documents (e.g. requirements, drawings, calculations, analyses, specifications, reports, etc.)
- Coordinates multiple engineering activities.
- Reviews and authors QCDI related documents (QCDs, DSRs, RECs, ARs, etc.)
- Reviews product and inspection results for contract compliance.
- Performs process monitoring/trending on QCDI related activities.
- Develops engineered solutions to prevent errors and reduce waste.
- Liaises with customer and engineering groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited university plus two (2) years of experience is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess ability to establish positive working relationships with customers, employees, and all associated work areas.
- Must be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) clearance.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.