Requisition Number: 47537
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Human Resource (HR) Function provides an integrated talent management system that delivers a workforce that is Corning’s competitive differentiator in the global marketplace.
HR provides service offerings that align solutions to business challenges by ensuring the programs are Effective, Efficient, Global, Scaleable, and Repeatable. Corning’s Values are operationalized by the HR Function through the facilitation of Talent Management offerings, as well as programs and processes that aid in making Corning’s Values visible.
Purpose of the Position: The HR Manager – Capacity Projects role will provide the HR business partnership to the global capacity program projects (as assigned) to ensure the HR stream of work is planned and operationalized, on-time and on-budget. This role will participate on capacity project teams to provide HR leadership, define HR scope and timeline, oversee project resourcing, manage internal key messaging and communications, and manage related dependencies across projects. The HRM – Capacity Projects will work closely with site HR to facilitate process to meet project timelines and objectives, some of which include: facilitation of organization design, process to ramp talent, capabilities assessment, and lead communications requirements gathering.
This role partners with the business and functional HRMs to ensure plans establish and maintain a positive work environment and operate as “One Corning” in support of Corning’s Values. This position is accountable for the successful planning and facilitation of HR work from expansion project(s) to site implementation, ensuring compliance with HR-related legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Utilize project management tools and templates to build and implement HR project plans from concept to delivery, outlining clear objectives, milestones and metrics for each project
- Manage the HR component of assigned projects with significant financial and/or strategic impact in the division including business case validation (BCV) prep to determine project feasibility to development recommendations to senior leadership
- Collaborate with HR Centers of Excellence and HR site teams to set project strategy and deliverables and manages all project workflow to deliver the HR workstream
- Implements talent strategy in support of the short-term and long-term goals in the CLS capacity program space; oversee the deployment of project resourcing in terms of overall talent acquisition and planning process
- Participate on capacity expansion teams to provide HR business partnership and leadership to project teams for HR stream of work
- Scales the type and level of HR service provided in anticipation of the specific project needs and the HR strategies
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements or funding considerations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
• 6 – 8 years of HR expertise experience (generalist or specialist) or equivalent
• Project management experience
• Strong communication skills – verbal and written; ability to tailor communication to different audiences
• Proactive HR service orientation and results oriented
• Self-starter capable of developing creative solutions
• Collaborative and influential (able to influence without authority and drive win-win solutions)
• Agility to adapt to a fast-paced work environment (taking initiative, working independently & handling multiple priorities)
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Effective listening with strong coaching skills
• Ability to support a global workforce and build a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Greenbelt certification a plus
- Knowledge of U.S. employment laws and policies
- Business Acumen
- Broad knowledge of HR policies, processes and procedures
- HR Service Orientation
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Agility & Flexibility
- Champion Global Growth
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Coaching skills
Travel Requirements: ~25%
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.