Requisition Number: 48883
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Human Resource (HR) Function provides an integrated talent management system that delivers a workforce that is Corning’s competitive differentiator in the global marketplace.
HR provides service offerings that align solutions to business challenges by ensuring the programs are Effective, Efficient, Global, Scaleable, and Repeatable. Corning’s Values are operationalized by the HR Function through the facilitation of Talent Management offerings, as well as programs and processes that aid in making Corning’s Values visible.
Purpose of the Position: The HR Coordinator provides direct support to the HR Manager on all HR duties needed for the Newton Cable Plant. The position primarily focuses on generalist HR support, HR data and analytics, and implementation of plant HR processes.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Manage the monthly HR reporting (Headcount, Recognition, Diversity, Overtime, Attrition, etc.)
- Support the hiring of all hourly associates along with the testing and placement process
- Manage the plants onboarding process for all new and transfer hires
- Support the plants Affirmative Action Plan
- Support the plants Intern program
- Manage the plants HR and payroll system
- Manage the plants Time and Attendance system (Kronos)
- Assist with Investigations/Code of Conduct
- Manage the plants Tuition Reimbursement process
- United Way and Plant activities/volunteer activities
- Lead the New Employee Orientation for the plant
- Prepare presentations and communication materials as needed for leadership and plant communications
- Assist with plant recognition events
- Partners with plant Nurse to manage/input employee FML and Disability time
- Process Improvement o Leverage process improvement methods to identify opportunities to improve HR processes
Education & Experience: Associates degree in Human Resources, Business / Business Administration, or equivalent qualification/experience
- High attention to detail
- Ability to review data, draw conclusions, and communicate points of view on data gathered
- Ability to create “client/business-ready” PowerPoint decks
- Ability to deliver “completed staff work”
- High level of interpersonal skills ( serves as a key liaison between HR and employees); able to build rapport, be approachable, resourceful, and responsive
- HR Service Orientation
- Strong excel and PowerPoint skills
- Basic/working HR knowledge
- Desire for self-development
- Working knowledge of business / financial acumen
- Strong problem solving skills
- Greenbelt / Six Sigma experience
- Strong process / process improvement orientation
- Ability to support change management processes
- Able to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- At least 1-3 years of combined HR/Admin experience (generalist/specialist) or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or HR certifications
- Work experience in the administration of HR or Business processes or programs
- Computer Proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft)
- Able to function efficiently in a fast-paced work environment (taking initiative, working independently and handling multiple priorities)
- Basic Proficiency in verbal and written English language skills
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.