Position Title: HR BUSINESS PARTNER – HIGHER EDUCATION (WESTERN US BASED)
Reports To: VP Inclusion and HR
Location: REMOTE in the West Coast; prefer Phoenix, Denver, or near a west coast major airport
At Chartwells Higher Education, people are at the core of our business. Together we build innovative food service concepts and serve fresh, local and nutritious meals at over 270 college campuses across the country. Twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nation’s Restaurant News, at Chartwells we take pride in creating opportunities for associates to grow their careers and achieve their development goals within the company.
Reporting directly to the head of HR for the Sector, the Regional HR Business Partner supports Chartwells Higher-Education in our West Division. This person will need to be located close to a major airport preferably in TX, CA, or AZ, while traveling into the field up to 60% of the time. Chartwells is a People Business who prides ourselves on being the leader in innovative, culinary offerings to colleges and universities across the country.
• Coach managers on how to lead teams, live the values and adhere to policies, procedures, and specific employment law.
• Utilize business reports that assist in identifying trends or issues in labor relations, diversity, turnover, employee relations, labor efficiency, wage and salary – which could have a business impact and recommend appropriate plans or necessary corrective actions.
• Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance; may represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
• Understand the business strategy, work with Talent Management function to lead and facilitate succession planning sessions and talent reviews, identify associate skills gaps and recommend training requirements and Performance Development Plans.
• Partner with Operations in identifying high potential front–line employees ready to move into management roles.
• Partner with Operations to build best practices that influence positive behavior to create the emotional connection to the workplace that increases the level of effort and trust between employees and managers.
• Use associate engagement survey data to support unit managers in feedback sessions, action planning and follow-up.
• Investigate and advise management in appropriate resolution of associate relations issues that arise either as an escalation from the HR Service Center or as a result of a direct request from Operations.
• Attend/present at divisional leadership meetings to increase HR visibility, conduct classroom training, provide assistance and implement strategic HR initiatives.
• Support the annual performance reviews, ensuring consistent and fair decisions are made in the promotion, bonus and salary increase processes. Ensure any compensation decisions are performance are market driven, in conjunction with the Compass Compensation Team.
• Five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in a multi-site, multi-state environment.
• A solid understanding of all the key HR specialist areas.
• Associate relations experience a must. Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles
• Demonstrated ability to interpret information to make business decisions and recommendations; formulate people strategies within context.
• Experience of coaching senior leaders and facilitating senior teams; Team leadership / management.
• Strong business acumen with basic financial skills, ability to read and understand financial statements and budgets.
• Strong understanding of employment and labor law.
• Previous operations experience a plus.
• Union experience highly desirable.
• Must be able to travel up to 60%.
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 517611
CHARISSE R RAWN