Be at your best with an organization that equips you to do so. Whose people unite in making lives better. At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. As part of our team you can expect professional stability, strong technological resources, and the advancement potential of a regional leader.
Based in Roanoke, VA, we are an award-winning, community-based network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions. Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
The Housekeeping Site Lead provides guidance and oversight to Environmental Services employees as delegated by manager. The Housekeeping Site Lead provides detailed housekeeping services specific to assigned facility. The Housekeeping Site Lead will also support Carilion’s hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promotes Carilion Clinic’s Culture of Excellence and quality service through team work, respectful communication, maintenance of a professional environment, partnership with those we serve and anticipation of patient/customer needs.
- Coordinates staff work schedules and assignments including proper set-up and removal of furniture and cleaning for scheduled meetings. Ensures that staff have adequate and appropriate supplies to complete assigned responsibilities. Ensures proper maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Coordinates with Environmental Technician II work assignments and on-the-job training of employees. Provides supplemental training and guidance to employees who need assistance with procedures or tasks. Regularly provides manager with feedback on work performance of all employees.
- Monitors cleanliness of facility and ensures that housekeeping services are completed as scheduled by continually making rounds and providing feedback to employees. This includes ensuring that all floor care is completed as scheduled and inspecting discharged patient rooms. Reports quality management accordingly. Communicates between shifts, managers and other site leads.
- Oversees the disposal of all solid waste, waste recycle, general and infectious regulated medical waste.
- Reports all safety hazards and needed repairs of equipment, walls, floors and furniture to appropriate resources. Follows-up to ensure that identified hazards are corrected and repairs completed.
- Performs duties of an Environmental Technician I and II.
Education: High school graduate or GED equivalent, required.
Experience: Two-three years of hospital or institutional cleaning experience, required.Â Supervisory/Leadership experience preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Valid Virginia Drivers License. National Executive Housekeepers Assoc. Certification preferred.
Other: Good interpersonal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple priorities and make assignments. Ability to instruct or train others in work assignments. Ability to perform job duties of an Environmental Technician I and II.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 72035
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CFMH – Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
Shift: Any Day, Any Shift
Shift Details: Any Day, Any Shift including holidays
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.