What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Job posting expires: 01/26/2022
The Port Wentworth mill, located just outside Savannah, GA is currently seeking skilled candidates for entry level positions. Entry Level Operators are responsible for running mill production equipment and monitoring the process to produce a high quality product. Candidates must be aggressive learners showing the ability to follow detailed written and verbal procedures. The mill runs 24/7/365 on a 12-hour rotating shift schedule. Operations employee shift schedules include working weekends, holidays and a minimum of seven night shifts per months. Our team-oriented work environment rewards flexibility and reliability. Successful candidates must have excellent general math and troubleshooting skills. We require a work record that demonstrates high standards in attendance and job performance.
The position requires a High School Diploma or GED. Requirements also include the ability to pass drug and background checks. Successful candidates must be able to perform strenuous physical labor and mentally challenging calculations. We offer a comprehensive pay and benefit package. Our skill-based pay structure rewards self-starters with the potential for rapid pay increases. Pay scale ranges from $19.00 to $41.00/hour.
Specific job requirements include:
- Ability to safely operate equipment in a heavy industrial environment
- Ability to work shift work, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to comprehend and follow complex directions in oral, written or electronic formats
- Ability to safely operate mobile equipment
- Ability to success in a team-based, high performance work environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, with or without accommodation
- Ability to work at heights, on ladders and in confined spaces
- Ability to pass drug screens & background checks
- Ability to productively use MS office, including email, word and excel
- Prior successful work experience in a manufacturing and/or military environment
- Ability to work well with teams
- Desire for career advancement
- Ability to learn accurately through self-study
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.