Req ID: 113858
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing respiratory care and services to home care patients in accordance with the CHOP, CHHC standards of practice, policy and procedure and within all regulatory and accrediting agency guidelines.
- Provides competent care for patients and families based on experience.
- Respiratory practice and documentation is in accordance with CHOP, CHHC standards of care, policy & procedure as well as all regulatory and accrediting agency guidelines.
- Participates in on–call rotation to meet patient care needs.
- Demonstrates competence in professional practice.
- Demonstrates an awareness of research and its value to clinical practice.
- Participates in efforts to apply research findings to practice.
- Participates in the development of professional and educational activities.
- Examines successes and failures to improve performance.
- Maintains a blame free environment.
- Able to identify own learning needs.
- Seeks out opportunity to meet needs and attends all required programs.
- Fully understands appropriate utilization of financial resources.
- Participates in promoting quality, efficient, and cost effective care.
Performs other duties as assigned by Home Care Management.
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
DRL – Driver’s License
CRT – Certified Resp Therapist
PA Respiratory Care License
BLS – Orientation
RCP NJ – DE (9 mos)
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Associates. A certificate of completion in Respiratory Care from as approved Respiratory Care Program.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Bachelors
Preferred Experience: Pediatric, acute, subacute or home care experience.
Preferred Licenses/certificates/registrations: Completion of the Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) examination, administered by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
Additional Technical Requirements
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Strong clinical judgment skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast paced environment.
- Data entry skills.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146