Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
Hours: 12:00pm – 8:30pm
About the role:
A Histotechnologist is tasked with the preparation of microscope slides to enable the pathologist to render a quality diagnosis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Accession surgical pathology specimens into the Laboratory Information System (LIS).
- Label Specimens and tissue cassettes with the correct accession number.
- Prepares microscopic sections of selected tissues and stains as required.
- Performs regular maintenance on instruments and records findings.
- Maintains a clean and safe cutting area.
- Maintains adequate supplies and inventory needed for sectioning of tissue blocks.
- Perform more complex procedures for processing and staining tissues, including special stains (SS), immunohistochemistry (IHC), and other special projects as assigned.
- Prepare and maintain all necessary reagents, including stains, alcohols and paraffin according to proper specifications.
- Utilize both manual and automated cover-slipping protocols.
- Print slides using the slide printer. Troubleshoot stains and all related instrumentation. Perform and document all equipment quality control and preventive maintenance.
The Boston Scientific Corporation Pathology Laboratory attests to the following: For HIPAA compliance purposes, this position has been reviewed by management and meets the ‘need to know’ PHI access criteria of the HIPAA Security Rule. Additionally, per the HIPAA Privacy Rule, the minimum necessary PHI data elements have been identified by management and the minimum necessary PHI access has been granted to the employee/contractor for them to satisfactorily execute the role and responsibilities of this position.
What we’re looking for in you:
- AS/BS degree in biology, chemistry or medical laboratory technology from a regionally accredited college/university, or an equivalent combination.
- 5+ years of experience in high complexity testing, specifically specimen dissection
- Must satisfy CLIA regulations to perform high complexity testing.
- Preferred Qualifications
- HT/HTL certification
Requisition ID: 509585
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.