The Healthcare Account Representative (HCAR) is an outside sales role. This person is responsible for penetrating all assigned accounts and developing relationships to achieve profitable revenue growth within his/her assigned geography. The HCAR partners with established sales and service teams and Health System owners to grow sales among approximately 40-70 acute and non-acute healthcare customers. The compensation is tied to the ability to achieve or exceed established sales targets and other sales tasks. The HCAR will make 3-5 quality, revenue generating calls per day. The HCAR is required to make decisions influencing sales and growth of the health systems.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintain a strong understanding of GPO Contracts and benefits to customers
• Gain a working knowledge of healthcare initiatives
• Execute on Strategic Health System Plan created by HSSM or Sr AM
• Work with key departments of Facilities, EVS, Infection Control and Safety/Emergency Preparedness
• Determine, prepare and present the appropriate “Grainger Value Proposition” to each account and review how Grainger can add value and help with each account’s purchasing needs.
• Create a CSG plan that maximizes time in the field and ensures you are delivering and executing a sales plan that meets or exceeds stated performance targets.
• Consistently maintain account and customer contact and record follow up details in Salesforce.
• Execute on Plan to Win. Touch every customer, expand contacts, and sell value
• Proactively drive sales with each account while utilizing a wide array of available communication channels to maximize revenue.
• Be timely and responsive to customers’ real-time needs.
• Grow revenue to stated thresholds.
• Achieve or exceed stated metrics of daily calls, customer face time minutes, etc.
• Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion when interacting with all accounts and determining product and service offerings.
• Effectively use quantitative skills to report accurate information on overall results of customer interactions.
• Understand buying decisions, buying processes and cash flow dynamics of aligned customers.
• Understand and use basic selling techniques: open, probe, presentation, over-coming objections.
• Identify opportunities, negotiate and manage sales; manage business needs and cost requirements.
• Understand, apply and synthesize data/information regarding customers and account package.