Health, Safety & Ergonomics Advisor-MON17703
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
You will be reporting to the Leader of the Bombardier HSE Center of Excellence. The Health, Safety & Ergonomics Advisor will be responsible for supporting the Business across North America, providing leadership & improving Health, Safety performance. You will find innovative ways to continuously improve our health & safety processes and promote sharing across the Business to address business risks and to further develop the HSE Preventive Culture.
In your role, you will:
Act as a Subject Matter Expert in Safety, Ergonomics & employee health and wellbeing. Develop programs to address business risks, provide technical support and coaching to site HSE teams.
Contribute to the improvement of the working environment and control of the risks of musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) that may impact the health, integrity or well-being of employees by :
Leading initiative to develop and operationalize a Global Ergonomics program to improve overall employee health & wellbeing
Participating in or perform ergonomic risk assessments
Analyzing incident trends related to musculoskeletal disorders
Sharing best practices with inter-site multidisciplinary teams
Developing training content, information sessions and overseeing ergonomics improvement projects
Lead employee wellness initiatives as part of the Global HSE strategy
Lead health & safety governance, prepare reports on performance indicators, and suggest corrective/preventive actions addressing trends in data that reveal opportunities for improvement
Review and simplify existing procedures and elaborate new procedures integrating change management strategies to support deployment
Present proactively health & safety concerns and contribute in a practical way to the problem-solving process
Coordinate complex projects involving different stakeholders, across different sites
Elaborate training & information sessions to further develop competencies in health & safety
Lead Global regulatory compliance monitoring
Follow up on legal non-compliance issues and provide technical support
As our ideal candidate,
– You hold a Master’s degree in Health & Safety, Ergonomics or related field;
– You have a minimum of 5-8 years’ related work experience
– Safety Professional accreditations (CRSP, CSP, etc.) would be an asset.
– You are bilingual English/French (with strong English skills) oral & written;
– Knowledge of ISO 45001. Qualified internal auditor would be an asset;
– You have strong interpersonal skills, presentation & communication skills (especially in English);
– You are adept at strategic thinking – look for solutions outside the box, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– You are autonomous, structured and able to coordinate the implementation of several projects simultaneously;
– You have excellent computer skills & experience with health & safety management software solutions.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Health and Safety
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.09.2021, 8:42:39 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing