The Americas Regional Office located in Denver, Colorado offers great schools, professional sports, world-class arts and entertainment, outdoor recreational activities and efficient public transportation. With Denver’s temperate weather, you can expect over 300 days of sunshine which can be enjoyed in the Rocky Mountains, parks and open spaces. The Americas Regional Office supports Kinross’ operations and projects in North and South America.
Maintain records and files, inventory and order supplies, computer input, and other related duties in a data processing in supporting overall Health and Safety functions.
- Responsible for preparing a variety of memos, forms, letters, and reports.
- Maintain department records and files and retrieve information as required.
- Assist with answering employee questions or directing employees to sources of information.
- Maintain department inventory and order supplies.
- Responsible for building and maintaining Health and Safety Department systems.
- Assist with non-routine projects according to specific assignments.
- Cross-trained in other areas of the department as needed and directed.
- Maintain strict adherence to total confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments at one time.
- Punctuality and regular attendance is required.
- Meet or exceed established performance expectations set by management.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety, confidentiality, and environmental policies.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the state.
- Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct hazards.
- Work without significant risk of harm to self and others.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
• Thorough operational knowledge of office equipment and machines (I.e. phone, fax, copier, computer, scanner, printer, digital camera and lamination machine).
• Computer literate and proficient in word processing, data entry, and spreadsheets database programs, and PC based presentation graphics.
• Must have solid verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with others in a team environment.
• Ability to function within the qualifications outlined in the attached physical demands sheets.
• Must be available for shift work, overtime, holidays, and weekends.
• Progression through wage scale is contingent upon satisfactory completion of attached checklists.
• JDE experience preferred.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Requirements
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations.
- Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the production environment.
- Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions.
- Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
Kinross Leadership Practices
• Creates an environment where nothing is more important than every employee returning home safe and healthy every day.
• Creates an environment in which people are unfailingly treated with respect.
• Fosters the talent and potential of all employees by enabling them to grow, develop, and make a difference in the organization.
• Demonstrates that leadership in the areas of environmental performance and community and stakeholder relations is fundamental to the way we plan and manage our business.
• Holds self and others accountable for the decisions, commitments, and behaviors required to deliver outstanding results.
• Uses judgment to manage business complexities, prioritize and balance conflicting demands to make timely decisions that best advance Kinross strategy.
• Builds and brings teams and people together to achieve organizational goals. Models humility by going beyond self-interest for the good of the group.
• Understands the economic implications of decisions and consistently uses all resources effectively and efficiently to maximize shareholder value.
• Relentlessly champions, develops and embeds best practices.
Developing and communicating rigorous and creative business strategies that drive sustainable value.
Understanding and building relationships with external parties that strengthen and sustain competitive advantage.
Applying commercial rigor and discipline to all business decisions and customer relationships.
- Living the Kinross Values
Aligning behavior, decisions, and actions with Kinross values and principles.
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.