Lubrizol Advanced Materials is an essential ingredient in improving lives. Our innovative products enhance the shampoos, lotions and soaps you use; the medicine you take; the sports apparel and shoes you wear; the detergents that keep your whites whiter and your colors from fading; the medical devices that speed your recovery and enhance your comfort; the specialty coatings that make your wood furniture, floors and cabinets more durable, more beautiful and more sustainable; and the plumbing systems in your home that will never corrode, pit or scale. With such a diverse portfolio, Lubrizol Advanced Materials offers unparalleled career growth opportunities for top-talent. To learn more about each of our core businesses, click on the following links: Engineered Polymers, Personal Care, Home Care, Lubrizol LifeSciences, Performance Coatings, and Lubrizol CPVC Piping Systems.
Health & Safety Specialist
- Provide leadership and guidance on all safety-related issues in a chemical plant environment.
- Lead and participate in injury prevention, champion, and continuously improve the existing prevention systems/programs.
- Participate in development, implementation and maintenance of plant safety systems including but not limited to:
- accident/incident prevention systems.
- safety training programs.
- HSES policies and procedures.
- Lead the Plant HSES committee, provide direction and guidance, drive for participation and action
- Lead the Plant in maintaining and exceeding compliance of all Occupation Safety standards and company policies
- Participate and provide leadership in plant emergency response systems
- Represent facility in community outreach and related-external organizations
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Three to five years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- B.S. in safety engineering, safety leadership or a related field
- Proven leadership skills.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with individuals at all organizational levels.
- Occasional travel required.
CONSIDERED A PLUS:
- Experience in a PSM-regulated (OSHA 1910.119) facility
Located in the largest city in Kentucky, Lubrizol’s Louisville facility is a great place to work in a great place to live. Known simultaneously as one of the southernmost Northern cities and one of the northernmost Southern cities, Louisville offers the best of both regions. Famous for the Kentucky Derby on the first Saturday in May, Louisville’s many other assets make it notable 365 days a year! With a thriving downtown area, an abundance of parks and recreational areas, rich arts and cultural opportunities and an affordable cost of living, Louisville offers something for everyone. There’s a reason we like to call ourselves “Possibility City” – the possibilities are endless!
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.
Do You Need Assistance?
Please let us know if you need an accommodation to proceed with your application for a posted job, or with any other aspect of the interview or assessment process. You can either call 440-943-4200 and ask for Talent Acquisition or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this phone line and email address are not to be used for checking on the status of an already submitted application and not to be used by third party recruiters.