A TOWN WHERE EVERY DETAIL, FROM VISION TO EXECUTION, MAKES LUXURY SEEM SIMPLE.
From the moment one views the iconic butteries and towering palms lining the center of our beach town, there is an unrivaled sense of escape. Alys Beach is carefully crafted to celebrate the public realm of streets, parks, pedestrian paths, and great civic buildings in a manner reminiscent of the world’s most beloved seaside towns. In recognition of the strong draw of the sea, our streets orient to the beach, guaranteeing views to the Gulf and cooling sea breezes.
Alys Beach is a groundbreaking community located along the Gulf of Mexico on Florida’s panhandle coast, six miles east of Seaside on Scenic Highway 30A. Planned by Duany Plater-Zyberk & Company, Alys Beach is a Traditional Neighborhood Development (TND) whose architectural vision has its roots in the style of Bermuda architecture and in the courtyards of Antigua, Guatemala, the colonial capital of Central America.
Alys Beach is in the early stages of town building. Our purpose is to evolve along with your family, maintaining the timeless traditions of sustainability and the highest standards of design and construction. Come join us in creating a special place to live, visit, relax, and play.
Alys Beach is seeking a Guest Services Supervisor to support our growing operations. The candidate will assist the Director of Owner and Guest Services and Guest Services Manager in supervising and supporting the Rental and Amenity Access programs. This leadership position will be an important point of contact between our home owners, rental guests and all other departments at Alys Beach. They will assist, implement and maintain a service and management philosophy which serves as a guide to respective staff.
- Develop relationships with owners, rental guests, group contacts, etc. to provide maximum, personalized guest service
- Respond to guest comments verbally and in writing to ensure proper attention to follow-up of all inquiries
- Make suggestions for improvements in overall operations with an emphasis on increasing guest and satisfaction, revenue and reducing costs
- Support Alys Beach Resort philosophy toward employee development and morale and help institute programs to ensure the effectiveness and promotion of this philosophy within Guest Services.
- Assist in developing, training, measuring and monitoring of all Alys Beach standards and operating procedures that relate to Guest Services and Property Management
- Help to monitor and analyze the payroll and expenses for Guest Services to ensure maximum effectiveness while realizing full profit potential
- Display a high degree of professionalism and integrity as befitting a Supervisory position
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Owner and Guest Services, the Guest Services Manager as well as other Senior Leadership at Alys Beach
- Participate in and support Alys Beach and EBSCO’s efforts towards sustainability and environmental initiatives as part of the Alys Beach program
- Help Inspect and maintain the property, all Alys Beach rental products and amenities to ensure they meet or exceed the required standards
- Resolve problems to ensure guest satisfaction
- Use good judgment and maintain discretion and diplomacy while performing job duties
- 2 or 4 year college degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years supervisory experience hotel front office setting
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and other hospitality-related systems
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work any day of the week including nights, weekends and Holidays as necessary
- Supporting Guest Services and Amenity Access employees by being visible and present at all times.
- Assist with training Guest Services and Amenity Access employees in Alys Beach standards and operating procedures
- Timely response to any owner and guest inquiries
- Further inter-departmental communication
- Familiarity with Rental Management and Property Management programs
- Any other tasks as directed
- Previous front desk experience at AAA 4 or 5-Diamond property
- Knowledge of Maestro PMS system
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.