With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Under general supervision supports administrative functions and policies for the grower relations department during grape harvest.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Manages phone/on site communications with clients and vendors.
- Trains field sugar samplers on processes related to field sampling
- Maintains field sugar sample labels, data, reporting and routes maps
- Assists field sugar samplers on general questions, route assistance and mileage reporting
- Maintains schedule versus actual reporting, including capturing daily notes related to shortages or overages on block delivery; tracks receipt of field pickup agreements; creates other reports on an adhoc
- Runs daily system crush reports for managers and reps
- Resolves grower inquiries related to gateway, delivery information and tickets.
- Engages in data entry and maintenance of grape management systems, including field rep schedule updates, delivery ticket printing and daily delivery load tracking.
- Maintains department files, delivery tickets, records, and documentation.
- Responsible for planning, ordering, setup and cleanup of biweekly Field Trip luncheons
- Responsible for the understanding of system components related to the grower relations function.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 2 years of planning, scheduling or operations experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of experience supporting the grower relations function for an agricultural organization reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Notary Public Certification.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Experience with writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access at an advanced level; MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Skilled in speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Skilled in applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Experience with solving practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Experience with interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Completes assignments that are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Has appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Possesses and applies broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of this particular field of specialization.
- Works independently and exercises sound judgment in making independent decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk, use fingers to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Posting ID: 80121
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.