Company Name: Roundy’s
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Manage the center store and receiving departments to promote sales, achieve profit margins/labor goals and exceed customer expectations. Provide guidance and delegation to employees and act as manager-on-duty as required by the store staffing model. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store; assist them with selections and orders; determine type, style and price of arrangement desired; make payment arrangement and package the order.
- Supervise employees in the center store and receiving departments and assume responsibility for the entire store when acting as manager-on-duty.
- Provide effective training, development, work direction and corrective action for department associates and encourage/lead them to achieve department and company objectives; assist with performance reviews.
- Meet or exceed Contribution to Profit (CTP) budget.
- Maintain proper in-stock for all shelf and promotion items and review pre-books for proper stock levels.
- Supports all programs and tasks assigned to deliver Center Store excellence.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Ensures thorough preplanning and execution of the weekly merchandising programs and manage implementation and compliance with plan-o-grams.
- Operate equipment (e.g., hand jack, flatbed, fork lift, box cutter, scanner, telephone, register and computer) according to company guidelines.
- Analyze sales and work content to develop effective daily/weekly staffing and scheduling of the department work plans to meet productivity and operating standards.
- Manage proper preparation of the store’s physical inventory.
- Communicate with the store director managers concerning the department’s ongoing status, including successes, problems and planning.
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, standing, turning, kneeling, reaching, squatting, stooping/bending, extended exposure to cold temperatures (38o and -20o), exposure to wet surfaces, and occasionally crawling, climbing ladders, walking on uneven ground, lifting/carrying objects 15 to 100 lbs. and pushing/pulling objects 100 to 2,500 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5+ year’s supervisory experience in a retail store environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Basic algebra and geometry skills (e.g., calculate circumferences, volume)
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
Education Level: Associates Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Pick n Save: At Pick ‘n Save, our values are rooted in the Midwest –we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It’s these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you’ll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of a team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Milwaukee || 1100 E Garfield Ave || 53212 || Roundy’s || None || Grocery || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None