Job ID: RP20162111-37402
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced GNC Engineering Intern to provide support to our Defense Electronic Systems team in our Northridge, CA offices.
• Support algorithm design and analysis tasks in the area of autonomous flight vehicle guidance navigation control (GNC), target state estimation (T) and aerodynamics (Aero)
• Support creation and running of 6 DOF modeling and simulation to perform system trade studies
• Support hardware-in-the-loop test, ground test and flight test
• Perform data analysis for simulation and various tests
• Complete College Junior Year study in related engineering discipline
• Excel in control and dynamic course
• Proficient in Matlab, Simulink, C++ programming skills and fluent with Microsoft office tools
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Familiar with Laplace transform, differential equation, linear control theory, coordinate frame transformation, flight dynamics and flight vehicle simulation techniques
• Familiar with statistics, probability and estimation theory
• Have working knowledge of navigation sensors and/or aerodynamics tools
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D