With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Product Manager, Indexable Milling – Die & Mold
At the forefront of advanced materials innovation for more than 75 years, Kennametal Inc. is a global industrial technology leader delivering productivity to customers through materials science, tooling, and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering, and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 11,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2018. Learn more at www.kennametal.com.
An excellent opportunity has become available to join Kennametal as a Product Manager, Indexable Milling – Die & Mold based in Latrobe, PA (USA).
This person is responsible for a product category within the Kennametal Inserts Business Units. Managing the “Five P’s” of the marketing mix the position would directly impact and drive Complete Value Stream and Portfolio Management. This position develops the strategy and vision of the product line, working closely with manufacturing on demanding planning, costs controls, and support the modernization efforts.
- Develop and Implement the Portfolio Management Plan for Die & Mold including the portfolio strategy, new product development in alignment with RD&E, commercialization of the new products, and product life cycle management;
- Achieve product line sales, market share growth, and profitability to plan by region;
- Develop a pipeline of new product ideas aligning with the commercial team’s needs;
- Assess the competitive performance and pricing of the product line and adjust accordingly;
- Support the global commercial teams with advanced level product training and roadmaps;
- Ability to provide technical direction in the development and manufacturing of all Insert type products;
- Liaison with other Business Segments with respect to Product Management, Supply Chain & Manufacturing to drive better leverage and synergies.
- Strong understanding of the Die & Mold industry, especially Indexable Milling & Solid Carbide Milling.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or Business Management with a strong technical background. MBA desired;
- 5 – 8 + Years of relevant work experience;
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams like Regional Sales and Product Specialist, RD&E, Manufacturing, Demand and Supply Planning and Purchasing;
- Proven experiences in leading, organizing, executing complex global or regional projects and initiatives;
- Strategic business acumen;
- Strong customer relationship management skills;
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities concurrently;
- Excellent written and oral communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills;
- English language skills required
- Willingness to travel
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.