AGCO is a global leader focused on the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery and infrastructure. As a Fortune 500 company and one of the global leaders in agricultural equipment manufacturing, we have an extensive network of over 9,200 dealers and serve more than 140 countries. While headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, AGCO has manufacturing facilities all over the world creating and distributing their full-line of products, including Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson, and Valtra. Visit www.AGCOcorp.com for more information.
AGCO Hungary as a subsidiary of an international corporation is NOW looking for:
Manager, Indirect Purchasing, Global Commodity
The IT Global Commodity Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of global strategic sourcing plans associated with the IT Commodity (Software including engineering, Hardware, Desktop, Telecomm and IT Services indirect spend). This position is a very visible one in which the candidate interacts on a regular basis with senior management including the Chief Information Officer and Senior Vice President of Precision Agriculture and Digital while facilitating corporate initiatives to ensure best in class commodity performance results for the company. The role reports into the Director Global Indirect Goods & Services and support the AGCO IT transformation. The scope is global with currently ~ $100M-$150M spend growing based on increased technology needs. Success is measured based on spend addressed, value delivered, and overall service to internal stakeholders.
What You Will Do:
• Develops global commodity strategy based on data analysis and market trends, prepares financial models, identifies opportunities for efficiency gains and cost savings, and presents results to internal business partners. Implements and executes on results.
• Gathers technical business requirements, manages the RFx process, negotiates contract terms, implements risk mitigation plan for enterprise agreements.
• Influences, leads and/or directs the development of global projects from inception to completion, appropriately involving others in decisions and plans that affect them. Surfaces problems and issues before projects get derailed.
• Sources and manages global large suppliers to include but not limited to Software, Hardware, IT Services, Telecommunications, IT infrastructure, manufacturing, engineering, and other IoT Services.
• Collaborates with business partners to develop, engage and lead supplier relationships for extracting the greatest value in cost, performance, risk management, sustainability and innovation. Manages the ongoing performance of suppliers.
• Gathers competitive intelligence including best practices, emerging / potential sources of competitive advantage, market pricing, benchmarking, etc.
• Tracks and reports savings / business value for each executed strategy and/or contract
• Is recognized as a trusted advisor by business partners and valued member of the team.
• Collaborate with global talent pool of IT dedicated senior buyers and operational excellence buyers to execute the strategy. Coach and direct the team on IT purchasing best practices.
What You Will Bring:
- Possess a four-year degree in purchasing, supply chain or related field; MBA preferred
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply Diploma (CIPS) preferred but not required
- Certified Professional in Supply Management from the Institute of Supply Management (CPSM) preferred but not required
- Certified Supply Chain Professional from the Association for Supply Chain Management (CSCP) preferred but not required
- Lean Six-Sigma training preferred but not required
- Software Asset Management Training preferred but not required
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in a purchasing, sourcing or related field with preferred experience in Fortune 500 manufacturing company, IT commodities.
- Strong software negotiations skills (software terms & pricing)
- Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with a diverse internal team, executive leadership and suppliers. Effectively and positively presents solutions in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- Strong orientation to relationship building and change management.
- Excellent negotiation and analytical skills.
- Manages priorities and competing demands, with a sense of optimism, flexibility, and ownership, effectively managing internal customer expectations.
- Experienced with multi-step strategic sourcing processes, e-commerce tools, consortium buys, off-shoring, insourcing, outsourcing and/or implementation of large projects.
- Is results-oriented, proactive, demonstrating a degree of autonomy at global and cross-functional levels with strong strategic / long term planning skills and thought leadership.
- Showcases understanding of the enterprise wide financials, EBITDA, and working capital.
- Is experienced managing supplier performance through SLA or KPI.
- Committed to a “One Team” approach within AGCO and with suppliers
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite software
- Foreign language comprehension is preferred but not a requirement
- The English language is a must.
Travel Required: 20% – 25% domestic and global travel
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in an inspiring dynamic multinational environment for a leading global player of agricultural solutions, we look forward to receiving your application in English language (incl. your CV, motivation letter and earliest possible start date) via our career website: http://careers.agcocorp.com. For more information about AGCO, please visit www.AGCOcorp.com.
We offer you appropriate perspectives and personal as well as professional development possibilities
More people. More food. More farm productivity.
It’s a simple but compelling growth opportunity for AGCO and for your career.
Join AGCO to grow your career. We are Leading the Way. Together.
AGCO – MAKE YOUR LIFE DIFFERENT