Requisition Number: 44335
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a critical function for business success. It delivers the training, tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
Contract manufacturing service at Supply Management Services Company (SMSC) provides strategic value to Global Supply Management (GSM) and Corning businesses. The service strives to deliver a complete and flexible outsourcing service to Corning businesses, covering make/buy analysis, contract manufacturer sourcing, contract manufacturer on-boarding, and operation management. Corning businesses could utilize the services to achieve their business objectives, minimize capital investment needed to alleviate capacity constraints, faster speed-to-market and improved customer responsiveness. In addition, the service helps to manage the contract manufacturer’s compliance to the required regulations.
Reporting to the Global Contract Manufacturing Service Director, the role of Global CM Operations Lead – Operation Synergy and Digitalization is responsible for enabling and enhancing the operations’ synergies through the most innovative digital solutions. In addition, the incumbent is also expected to drive and contribute to the supply chain excellence in the area of contract manufacturing operation and delivering business objectives. As part of the Global Contract Manufacturing Service management team, the incumbent will also contribute to designing and deploying of the global contract manufacturing service strategy, enhancing the service framework, system & tools, ensuring alignment with the GSM and SMSC business strategies.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the innovation leader for future digitization framework and strategy creation
- Lead the search for all possible opportunities to enable synergy within and among Business Units using the most innovative platform, tools and processes for contract manufacturing operations
- Scout and spark the best digitization solution in the contract manufacturing operation world
- Establish and enhance global service footprint and service capability especially but not limited to the area of operations synergy and digitization
- Define and manage the service roadmap in terms of people, process and technology
- Execute global contract manufacturing service strategy by implementing and enhancing the contract manufacturing operation services
- Support and drive year over year business revenue growth and cost reduction target as assigned
- Support Global Contract Manufacturing Service Lead to develop contract manufacturing project portfolio and deliver project goals and objectives
- Develop and implement operating plans that meet key performance objectives
- Conduct assessment of opportunities to utilize external manufacturing or asset lean product production in Corning’s value chains
- Partner with Category Management and other SMSC services to ensure rigorous procurement processes are embedded within all contract manufacturing operations
- Min 10 years’ experience in implementing and managing Contract Manufacturing operations, preferably in high-tech electronics, consumer or highly engineered product environment; demonstrated experience with Supplier Relationship Management in these related fields
- Strong business acumen and strategic agility for opportunity development
- Strong leadership, negotiation, and communication skills
- Good knowledge of contracting and purchasing terms and conditions
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing operations with demonstrated experience of demand planning, material management, production management and quality management
- Strong knowledge of supply chain operations with demonstrated experience of problem solving, decision making and project management skills
- Demonstrated people management experiences and skills (Directly/Indirectly i.e. project management)
- Keen interest in developing application using low code app development platform
- Experienced in leading supply chain excellence projects or developing innovation supply chain tools and processes is a strong plus
- Prior knowledge in performance excellence methodology and practice is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of working experiences with China suppliers where relocation experiences based in China is a plus
- Highly motivated and result-driven with the ability to set goals and drive for success
- Ability to manage varied and demanding workload across multiple businesses and time zones
- Worked in a multi-cultural, multinational environment preferably with overseas travel or extended work period
- Interpersonal savvy and strong ability to engage people and drive project activity
- Ability to inspire, influence, and motivate
- Ability to lead and work effectively on team projects
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Bachelor degree in technical or business discipline, ideally MBA
- 25% (Asia & US)