Requisition Number: 47504
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
- Provide oversight and management of the Ops response in Imax Process
- Enhance iMAX process focusing on continuous improvement and governance
- Evaluate and recommend how to optimize the process to increase visibility, including logistics, components, suppliers, and raw materials.
- Develop tracking and adherence to plan
- Manage and lead the Imax Process for Global Planning
- Focus on continuous improvement of the iMAX process
- Define Supplier iMAX readiness capability
- Establish data requirements
- Expand capabilities to molding, cable, and Logistics
- Integration of NPIs & contract manufacturing into the iMAX process
- Establish governance to ensure capacity strategies are implemented
- Provide process discipline throughout our network and our partners
- Develop training materials to expand globally
- Work with PLM to understand demand process to optimize supply planning
- Monitor and identify actions to improve
- Lead coordination and planning of the semiannual process
- Host and facilitate Regional iMAX reviews
- Collaborate with Regional iMAX coordinators on planning and training
- Developing tracking and KPIs
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Supply Chain degree preferable
- 6+ years’ experience in Manufacturing or SC Operations with a demonstrated track record of results
- Mastery of supply chain strategy best practices and philosophy in optimizing operations (Capability)
- Understanding of process flow from fiber to finished solution (Capacity)
- Ability to align and build teams to deliver results (Influence). Able to get things done by influencing resources across the globe that are not direct reports and may have conflicting regional priorities
- SAP knowledge and/or understanding
- Understanding of product and regional demand
- Financial acumen (understanding landed cost and VAT to drive decision making)
- Ability to simplify complex situations and deal w/ ambiguity
- Experience in project management and superior organization skills
- Strong communications (particularly upward within a global organization), leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of influencing a variety of key stakeholders to deliver results
- Ability to establish direction, work across multiple work streams, create strategy, and execute
- A leader in impacting performance and delivery of internal service
- Proven leadership and change management skills
- Assertive with a strong results orientation
- Minimum 25% travel time
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Professional certification in supply chain management, operations, or engineering (APICS, PMP, Six Sigma) Location: Charlotte, NC
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.