Job Req ID: 775241
Position Number: 00174902
Employment Type: Part Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: PRN, 1 shift a week
Standard Hours: 4.00
Department Name: NSG – Endoscopy
Location: Atrium Health University City
Location Details: Atrium Health University City
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
The GI Technician assists in providing patient care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Assists with the care of the GI patients, neonate through the geriatric years. Maintains a clean, safe patient environment and performs job responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Assists physicians with Endoscopic procedures.
- Performs personal care for the comfort and well-being of the patient; including but not limited to assisting patients with bedpan and/or with ambulating to the restroom, transfers to bed, wheelchair and/or stretcher, turning and positioning patients. Escorts patients as needed.
- Sets up rooms for procedures including setting up computer with patients name and procedure, making occupied and unoccupied beds. Assists with room/unit inventory, ordering and distribution of supplies.
- Cleans endoscopes either by sterilization or high-level disinfection.
- Assists with oxygen therapy by maintenance of oxygen therapy, safety measures and care of oxygen equipment.
- Performs vital signs and documents in the medical record (pulse, respiration, blood pressure).
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stretching, stooping, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies. Must speak and understand English in good understandable terms. Must have manual and finger dexterity. Physical abilities testing required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required. Surgical or GI Technology training required and/or NA I or NA II with Department of Facility Services required. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider from AHA required. Successful completion of the SGNA GI Associates Program preferred. Must maintain 6 educational contact hours annually in the GI field of study. Computer skills preferred.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer