Job Req ID: 841741
Position Number: 00156723
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: Day shift, M-F, 40 hrs/week
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: LCI Genetics
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Location Details: 1021 Morehead Medical Dr, Ste 2300, Charlotte, NC 28204
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Provides cancer risk assessment and genetic counseling to patients and their families. Implements clinical practice, research and education in the area of clinical cancer genetics.
- Assesses, plans, and manages medical, psychological and social problems for the patient population within Levine Cancer Institute.
- Provides genetic counseling services both in-person and through virtual platforms.
- Acts as liaison with health care professionals for inquiries and referrals.
- Implements programs, policies and procedures within the area of human/clinical genetics.
- Monitors and recommends integration of new technologies, theories, and resources.
- Remains knowledgeable of community resources.
- Maintains accurate case records and documents appropriately.
- Recognizes and provides for cultural, language, and age-specific differences of patient/family.
- Responds quickly to changes in patient and/or clinic conditions.
Walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 75 pounds in handling of patients and medical equipment and supplies. Must have intact sense of sight, hearing, speech, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Master of Science in Genetic Counseling or related field required. Certification or eligible for Board Certification as a Genetic Counselor by the American Board of Genetic Counseling.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer