Company Name: Dillons
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Plan, organize, train, and direct General Merchandise Clerks; perform production and customer service functions; maximize store sales and profits. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organize work; train, and schedule employees to consistently provide customers with prompt, courteous service.
- Respond promptly, tactfully, calmly, courteously, and professionally to customer or associate comments, complaints, requests, and questions.
- Use Computer Assisted Ordering to manage ordering appropriate quantities of merchandise and supplies, and proper accounting of product received and balance on hand.
- Perform and direct others in pricing and displaying of merchandise. Maintain proper signage, product rotation, freshness, quantity, quality and proper space allocation for merchandise.
- Coach and train on effective, productive merchandising techniques, customer services, product presentation, and promotional activities.
- Provide input on department budgets, goals, and results and maximize department and store sales and profits.
- Communicate and interact with employees and customers to provide a positive impression.
- Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures. Maintain floor, shelf and general merchandise areas clean and up to sanitary standards.
- Assist on special projects such as periodic inventories, store resets, remodels, and special merchandising promotions.
- Demonstrate the ability and desire to promote, communicate and implement company initiatives and process improvements to direct reports in a positive manner.
- Demonstrate aptitude to manage people and organize workloads.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Understand all key components of department operations.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, safety.
- Qualified and able to operate power machinery and work with various job tools.
- Ability to make intelligent decisions quickly.
- Able to tactfully and calmly handle stressful situations and make a positive impression on associates and customers.
- Possess abilities and skills for effective production, merchandising and customer services related to sale of merchandise.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Grocery retail work experience and/or backup manager experience.
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at Dillons, Baker’s, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker’s, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you’re interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KS || Colby || 1605 S Range Ave || 67701 || Dillons || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None