Requisition ID: 248946
Requisition Posting End Date: 01/20/2022
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security and Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Civil Engineer with 12 to 20 years of experience in General Civil Works (site grading, earthworks, drainage, roads and pavements, fencing and underground piping systems) in a design office of repute. Should have exposure to design office practices and familiarity with computer aided design and 3D modeling tools.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Shall perform / supervise civil engineering (earthwork, drainage, pavement etc.) calculations, prepare material requisitions, service requisitions, technical specifications and quantity take-offs and provide input for design drawings during all phases of projects.
2. Shall check / review the drawings prepared by the designers.
3. Shall assist in the development of basic layout drawings.
4. Shall lead conceptual studies, proposals.
5. Provide technical training.
1. Knowledge of discipline engineering techniques and design calculation principles.
2. Knowledge of precedents and latest trends in General Civil engineering, the principles and practices of related technical areas.
3. Understanding of Engineering Procedures and design guides.
4. Thorough understanding of the roles played by other engineering disciplines on projects.
5. Understanding of industry and regulatory codes (API, NFPA / OISD, US / British / Euro / Canadian /Australian / Indian) and standards and design criteria pertinent to civil engineering design.
6. Knowledge of constructability and applicable standards and codes including OSHA.
7. Experience of using general purpose design software such as InRoads / OpenRoads, Civil3D, CivilStorm / MicroDrainage.
8. Proficient in selection of material from constructability and total installed cost perspective.
9. Skill in oral and written communication.
10. Should be proficient in using MS office tools.
11. Proven ability of managing a team of engineers and designers will be an added advantage.
1. Minimum 4-year degree from an accredited college in Civil Engineering.
2. Preference will be given to the candidate with master degree in relevant subject
Grade 25: 12 – 15 years of relevant work experience
Grade 26: 16 – 20 years of relevant work experience
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.