Location Name: Washington, PA
Location Address: 800 Western Avenue, Washington, PA, United States (US), 15301
Job/Requisition ID: 62950
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Driver’s License Required: Yes
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Hourly Non-Exempt
Shift: 12-hour Shift
Job Title: Gas Plant Operator
- Responsible for gas treating, absorption, distillation, fractionation, product treating, product gas dehydration, cryogenic and other process equipment.
- Operates gas compressors, auxiliary engines, motors, and pumps.
- Prepares engine room logs.
- Performs servicing, lubrication and minor maintenance of assigned equipment, including alarms and Process Safety Management (PSM) testing.
- Handles routine maintenance, safety and security in work area.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must hold a valid Driver License with excellent driving record
- Must be able to complete Health Questionnaire and pass drug test and background check
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts including nights, weekends and holid
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Mechanical Aptitude Develops ability to understand and apply mechanical concepts and principles such as, but not limited to, sounds, heat conduction, velocity, gravity, friction, pressure, kinetic and potential energy, etc. when working or using mechanical machinery.
- Operation Monitoring Develops ability to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly
- Quality Control Analysis Develops ability to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Public Safety & Security Develops knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Repairing Develops knowledge of and ability to repair machines, devices and equipment based on electrical and/or mechanical principles in order to diagnose malfunctions. Conducts tests and inspections to evaluate quality or performance. Watches gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure machine/device/equipment is working properly. Able to read, interpret and engineering drawings, diagrams and schematics.
- Safety Applies in difficult or complex situations ability to recognize safety risks in operational activities and use appropriate measures to control and manage identified risks.
- Safety Awareness Ability to recognize and identify potential hazards. Evaluates changes in work environment with respect to impact on safety of self and others. Understands potential threats created by deviation from safety procedures and improper use of tools and equipment. Uses personal protection equipment. Uses tools and equipment in compliance with manuals and training. Calls attention to potential and actual hazardous conditions as they arise. Demonstrates knowledge of lockout/tag out procedures. Stops work if there are unsafe working conditions.
- Systems Analysis Develops ability to determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.)
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: None
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.