Location Name: MPC Canonsburg PA
Grade Min: 11
Grade Max: 12
Education Level: Bachelor’s Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Reports to the G&P Engineering Supervisor: This position’s primary focus is to develop Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) for midstream natural gas and light crude facilities including pipelines, compressor stations, pump stations and other related facilities. All work will be performed in compliance with company standards, procedures, and government requirements.
•Work closely with Operations, Producers, Business Development and Construction to develop accurate and concise FEED project documentation.
•Must be able to develop project scopes, prepare conceptual drawings and estimates.
•Must have a general knowledge of compressor and pump station equipment sizing and relate this information to environmental and construction groups to develop air permit requirements.
•Must be able to run hydraulic and simulation modeling software such as Ariel Software, VMG, Synergi, Piper and WinFlow.
•Must be able to develop PFD and P&IDs in AutoCAD.
•Must be capable of developing design standards and specifications.
•Must have broad knowledge of natural gas and light crude processing and operations.
•Must be able to handle assignments and projects with minimal supervision and complete within acceptable time standards.
•This position requires a degree in engineering from a 4-year accredited college or university, plus 4-10 years’ experience.
•Current valid driver’s license required.
•Must be able to travel 25% of the time.
•Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of individuals/employees
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering from a four year accredited college or university.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a full-time indefinite basis without the need for employment visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Work Enviornment: travel to field locations or fabrication sites will be required; therefore, a valid driver’s license is required.
- Communication Skills: Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of individuals/employees.
- This position will be located in: Canonsburg, PA or San Antonio, TX
- Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and taste or smell.
- The employee frequently is required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and with flammable liquids.
- The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, acidic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Materials and Equipment Used:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly use hand tools, computers, phone, fax, copier, map printer/plotter and analytical electronic devices, buried pipe line locators and operate a motor vehicle.
- MPLX is a master limited partnership engaged in the gathering, transportation, and processing of natural gas; the transportation, fractionation, marketing, and storage of natural gas liquids; and the gathering and transportation of crude oil. MPLX has extensive natural gas gathering, processing, and transmission operations in the southwest, Gulf Coast, and northeast regions of the United States, including the Marcellus Shale, and is the largest natural gas processor in the Appalachian region
Marathon Petroleum Company LP (“MPC”) is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status or other legally protected status.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Supervisor: Joseph Diffendal
Division: MPLX-President’s Staff (50746081)
Department: G&P-Engineering & Tech Services (51188011)
Area: G&P-Engineering&TechSvcs-Tech Svcs (27001180)
Internal Posting End Date: 08/06/2021
Job Function: Ref, Terminals, Pipeline; Eng and Const
Travel Expected: Up to 25%
Driver’s License Required: Yes