Growth. Opportunity. Excellence.
Canteen sets the national standard for excellence in automated retail, and EVERY segment of our business is thriving. We employ the best team in the industry and their dedication, collaboration and passion fuels our growth. YOU bring the enthusiasm, customer service and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. TOGETHER we’ll continue to transform the micro-market, dining, coffee and vending industry.
Come grow with us. We are Canteen.
This position will be supporting Canteen, a sector of Compass Group, focused on unattended retail solutions for clients and consumers across the US. The role of Functional Analyst will primarily be responsible for providing system analysis, configuration, QA and escalated support for Enterprise level applications. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Work directly with business team members, third party technology vendors, developers, and user community to identify business needs and interpret them as application requirements.
- Draft requirements and specifications documentation, complete to signoff and validate deliverables to specifications.
- Function as primary liaison between business and developers to ensure understanding of documented system requirements.
- Ensure standards are maintained related to documents and deliverables.
- Write and execute functional test scripts and coordinate with other analysts for system integration testing.
- Evaluate system deliverables to ensure they are free of defects and meet the quality standards of the department.
- Coordinate activities simultaneously for multiple projects
- Learn a very complex business and facilitate projects and decisions across many disparate user groups
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience in functional analysis role.
- A solid track record of the following are a must:
- On time development of user stories, application requirements, and/or process flow diagrams
- Use of various requirements elicitation techniques, such as end user interviews, job shadowing, brainstorming, business process analysis and process flow documentation, facilitation
- UI design and/or mockups, with detailed requirements
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Creative problem solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments
- Managing conflicting priorities and gaining consensus across multiple user groups
- Committed and enthusiastic approach to supporting business customers and end users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- General understanding of application architecture and technology
Special Skills/Training Desired
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Formal training or certification in Business Analysis, group facilitation, or project management
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with reporting tools (BIRT, SSRS, etc.) and data analysis
Apply to Canteen today!
Canteen is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates a Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 535612