BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
UTILITY CLERK TEAM MEMBER
- Provides members with prompt and courteous service and assistance. Maintains high standards of safety and sanitation for members and team members.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of the club including the sales floor, offices, restrooms and the outdoor grounds and parking lot.
- Gathers and returns carts and flatbeds from the parking lot to the club entrance. Removes any trash or debris from the parking lot, cart corrals, and exterior of the club.
- Ensures that carts are well-stocked at the club entrance.
- Verifies that all carts are in working order and clean. Removes carts that are not suitable for use.
- Returns new and unused merchandise to the sales floor.
- Performs maintenance and cleaning duties including wet and dry mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, carpet extracting, washing glass, emptying trash receptacles and pulling pallets.
- Maintains outdoor grounds of club property including cart corrals, sidewalks and outdoor trash receptacles.
- Prioritizes maintenance and cleaning responsibilities across the club in an efficient manner.
- Operates the floor scrubber, trash compactor and cardboard baler machines in a safe and efficient manner following established safety standards.
- Restocks maintenance / cleaning supplies and ensures supply areas on the receiving dock and maintenance closets are clean, neat and organized.
- Performs minor and routine building repairs and notifies management when major repairs may be required.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification processes.
- Prior maintenance or janitorial experience preferred, but not required.
- Prior retail/wholesale experience preferred.
- May be less than 18 years of age to perform parking lot cart functions. Must be over 18 to operate equipment and enter age restricted areas.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members in this role. It is not designed to contain a complete inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.