Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position manages and supports the day-to-day freight operation of Amtrak and it freight carrier base nationwide, which include Truckload, Less-than-Truckload, Parcel/(FedEx Express) and express shipping both domestic and international. Provide direct interface between Amtrak and freight carriers involving shipping issues, contracts, KPI’s, compliance, HAZMAT, USMCA and performance. Provide all financial, performance analysis, concerning freight, to senior management
– Manage and implement nationwide Amtrak freight contracts ($18 million).
– Provide problem solving interface between internal Amtrak customer concerning freight issues with freight carriers on a daily basis.
– Prepares Statement of Work for RFP, serves on Procurement Evaluation Committee and meets with successful vendor to set up, execute and manage national program.
– Develop vendor KPI’s and evaluate transportation metrics to assess performance; implement improvements to meet business needs.
– Support of any TMS integration, testing, training, and development efforts.
– Prepare, weekly and monthly KPI reporting for internal and external use.
– Prepare customer business reviews in power point and excel by collecting and analyzing data from local reports and databases.
– Develop and implement the establishment and maintenance of individual Amtrak FedEx accounts nationwide.
– Reviews procedures for supply requisitioning, troubleshoots ordering problems and adjusts business processes to effect operational improvements to the national program.
– Analyzes financial data and ensures service is consistent with contract requirements
– Manages nationwide FedEx air shipping contract and program ($2 million).
– Serves as program manager for national contract by managing and monitoring contract and national program for the Corporation.
– Coordinates as the direct liaison with vendor, Procurement Contract Manager and Freight Carrier representatives to plan, develop and execute new programs for departments to utilize nationwide.
– Creates and disseminates detailed procedures and guidelines for national program; directs and provides contract guidance to users nationwide.
– Researches, gathers, and disseminates information to users, budget managers, and provides reports to senior management.
– Coordinates with Amtrak Information Technology, Accounts Payable, Procurement, and Freight Carriers for EDI invoicing and reconciles inconsistencies between Amtrak and Carriers EDI.
– Analyzes freight carrier shipping reports and reconciles payment reports.
– Conducts financial analysis of various freight carrier rates and services; benchmarks with other agencies
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics or other relevant degree & a minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
• Knowledge in preparation and oversight of budgets, projections and projects
• Experience in financial analysis, audit and control.
• Ability to create and interpret policies and contracts.
• Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in SAP and PC software including Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Transportation, or Supply Chain
• 5 years experience managing national programs and/or contracts
• Experience developing policies and procedures.
• Strong contract and project management skills.
• Oral presentation abilities.
• Flexibility in constantly changing priorities
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Finance || Corporate Jobs