Req Id: 298415
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position : Freelance News Reporter and Announcer, CFAX 1070 Radio, Bell Media
Company : Bell Media Inc
Location : C-FAX 1070, Victoria, BC
Status : Freelance – Temporary – Part Time
Bell Media is looking for an experienced reporter and announcer to join the News Team at CFAX radio in Victoria, BC. The ideal candidate will be experienced in news writing, reporting and announcing, enjoy working as part of a collaborative team and have a genuine interest in the current events of the community. The successful candidate will also fill-in as the News and Sports Anchor for all dayparts – including early mornings!
- Working as part of the News Team, the News Reporter is responsible for originating, writing, interviewing, researching and announcing radio news stories
- Develop original news stories when possible
- Develop news stories as assigned by the News Director, including researching, interviewing and writing
- Must pay close attention to legal, ethical and accuracy issues in reporting of the story and seek counsel where there is any doubt about the final story before it goes to air
- Participate in social networking of news stories, including discussions and viewer feedback
- Promotional and publicity responsibilities for Bell Media as required and assigned
- Attendance at charitable and/or community events sponsored or supported by Bell Media as required and assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Full knowledge and understanding of news gathering requirements and applicable broadcast standards as well as knowledge of Victoria regional current events
- Well-honed on-air presence and skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly and accurately to daily deadlines within a collaborative atmosphere
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Strong creative and editorial writing skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as part of a team
- Valid BC drivers licence and good driving record
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media – Freelancer
Job Status: Temporary – Part time
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Victoria
Application Deadline: 06/30/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, BC, Victoria
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.