BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
FORKLIFT DRIVER $500 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
Responsible for operating a forklift, transporting merchandise and materials throughout the club, assisting with the loading and unloading of delivery trucks, inspecting and receiving incoming merchandise, preparing pallets, performing general maintenance and safety procedures, maintaining policies and procedures, and delivering a positive service experience to Members.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Operates a forklift in a safe and efficient manner. Inspects forklifts prior to use and follows established safety standards.
- Loads and unloads merchandise and materials to and from delivery trucks. Inspects and prepares delivery trucks for unloading. Accurately receives all merchandise and materials delivered to the club.
- Lifts, reserves and drops pallets of merchandise to and from the overhead steel and the sales floor. Prepares pallets for safe reserving by wrapping, strapping, stacking, labeling, and correcting broken pallets.
- Transports merchandise, material and pallets safely throughout the club. Utilizes a pallet jack as needed.
- Stocks, rotates, and stores general merchandise and food merchandise. Ensures that merchandise is fully stocked. Handles damaged and spoiled merchandise in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the club is neat, clean, and organized. Performs general maintenance duties including removing trash and cardboard from the club.
- Participates in daily club openings and closings. Returns merchandise back to the sales floor.
- Greets all Members. Provides Members with prompt and courteous service and assistance. Assists Members in locating merchandise.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned and works in other departments as needed.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Prior forklift operating experience preferred, but not required.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification processes.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent standing, and moving about continuously on hard surfaces. There may be a need to frequently position oneself to examine and/or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually in a comfortable environment surrounded by moving machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in order to be heard. Occasional exposure to temperature extremes in freezer or cooler units. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.