Forensic Technology (FTech) supports clients and their legal advisors in response to litigation, civil disputes, investigations, regulatory, and M&A matters. FTech assist their clients through the preservation, collection, processing, reporting, and analysis of electronically stored information (ESI) such as emails, chat messages, and electronic documents.
The projects are often time critical and include global clients with footprints around the world, providing opportunities to work with other overseas offices including on site attendance. Many projects have a significant impact on our clients’ businesses and communities, with matters occasionally featuring on international headlines.
FTech are looking for data specialists who are able to extract, store, enhance, and investigate large volumes of unstructured data by leveraging market-leading technologies and methodologies.
Supporting delivery work on range of engagements. This will involve:
– Reporting to the engagement manager on day-to-day delivery elements.
– Responding to client requests with the supervision of the engagement manager.
– Managing expectations and taking ownership of delivery elements to meet pressing engagement deadlines.
– Managing small to medium projects from start to finish
– Supporting off-site projects where a mobile technology environment has been deployed.
– Maintaining and updating procedural documentation.
– Delivery of client-based training on our review systems via WebEx or to an audience.
– Assisting with technology demonstrations regarding our technology offerings in the form of seminars or online webinars.
– Researching and testing new software.
– Assisting with project administration tasks where appropriate.
The Person To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
– Worked in a professional services environment with at least 2/3 years’ experience assisting with the delivery of eDisclosure/Investigations.
– Knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) lifecycle.
– Familiarity with forensic best practices, e.g. evidence handling, chain of custody, metadata preservation, etc.
– Experience in handling and analysing unstructured data sources such as emails, network shares, and laptops.
– Experience in liaising with clients on basic requests and delivering software training.
– Proficient in tools such as EnCase, Nuix, Relativity, Brainspace or similar.
All candidates are expected to have a number of the following qualities:
– Excellent written and communication skills.
– Demonstrated ability to think through and solve problems independently.
– Proactive in taking ownership of tasks and managing expectations.
– Keen to learn industry-specific software and in-house processes.
– Able to work in a high-pressured environment.
– Experience in a professional environment or role is desirable.